GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bailiff Visit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bailiff Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bailiff Visit

Originally posted by pipsaholic View Post
    Would you park your car in another street I fear they will lift my car if I don't open the door.
    What????? Debt collectors are just that - they have no powers what so ever, they can threatogram you all they want, But only debt purchasers who have bought a debt from companies like lloyds will own your debt and could take Court action, even then they have to follow rules,

nobody can touch your car from a Debt collection company. read what others are saying and stop over thinking.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 April 2017, 17:31.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They called in on me once and just left a card. I don't think they even knocked as I have a no cold calling sign in my door.

Comment

How many times did they visit what company was it from?

Comment

They visited once. Left three cards for three debts. It was fidilite (the same as yours). I sent an harassment template to them, they sent the debt back to Moorgate and idem (they called about three debts last year - it's on my diary). These debts have now been sold to Cabot and I've not heard from them since I sent a SWID in December.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
            They visited once. Left three cards for three debts. It was fidilite (the same as yours). I sent an harassment template to them, they sent the debt back to Moorgate and idem (they called about three debts last year - it's on my diary). These debts have now been sold to Cabot and I've not heard from them since I sent a SWID in December.
            Well done, was this before they attended or after sending them a harassment template? What is SWID? Thanks for your info.

Comment

After they attended, but you can send the harassment template before. If you look at my diary, you will see the date I got the letter and when I received the call. It really is nothing to worry about.

Comment

good you put my mind to rest.

Comment

sold whilst in dispute
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

had same issue with bailiffs thanks for help
                    Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 6 October 2019, 13:09. Reason: Link deleted

Comment

Its been over 3 years and they have threatened me with court action nothing has been done. Fidelite came to my door twice and left a calling card apart from that no one comes back. They rely on your fear to get you to pay another company.

Comment

of course gone are the days of top window pots contents on those below (Fitting for Fidelite etc) too prim and proper this country to its own detriment.!

Comment

Working...
                        X