GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt sold. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt sold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt sold.

Hi guys, hope all is good or getting better. I have been in a mediation settlement agreement with MKDP/Hoist since Nov 2014. I pay £5 per month and have not missed a beat. This agreement is registered with Walsall County court, Bridge St. WS1. I recently received notification that Lowell have acquired the above MKDP/Hoist finance group, and now own my debt. They appear to be wanting to renegotiate the terms of the agreement. They are asking for my financial situation. They are also stating that the account is at higher amount than it is by about £150, I have a Bank record of all payments to MK/Hoist. Any advice on how to deal with them would be very much appreciated. Many thanks PezMan65

They probably haven't been told about the mediation agreement. Your account will be one of a job lot which they have bought from MKDP/Hoist. Why not point out to them that there is this agreement registered with the court. Give them the detail. At the same time ask them to account for the balance they are quoting as it does not tally with your records. EDIT: don't give them an I&E summary.

Other members may have other suggestions.
    Last edited by Still Waving; 27 March 2023, 15:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
      They probably haven't been told about the mediation agreement. Your account will be one of a job lot which they have bought from MKDP/Hoist. Why not point out to them that there is this agreement registered with the court. Give them the detail. At the same time ask them to account for the balance they are quoting as it does not tally with your records. EDIT: don't give them an I&E summary.

Other members may have other suggestions.
      as above send get free proof posting
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Enter Date

Dear Sirs,

Reference:

Subject Access Request - S.7 Data Protection Act 1998

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998 also 2018 in particular to “Article 15 of the UK GDPR 2021.

Please supply me with a copy of all information your company hold on me including a list of accounts and details of payments along with copies of statements.

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which relates to me and that I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Act.

If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form. To include any Microfilch records.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

You have 30 days in which to comply.

Yours faithfully.
        No charge but they have 30 days get free proof posting, start file keep all in date order. USE THIS IF ADVISED LATER TO whom you get told?.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks very much for this, it’s a great help ?

Comment

Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
            Thanks very much for this, it’s a great help ?
            MKDP/Hoist should have been sending you an annual statement of account - were they? These should establish the accurate balance on the account.

Comment

I have never had anything since the 2014 mediation agreement.

Comment

I have never had anything since the 2014 mediation agreement.
                Completely Ignore MKDP/Hoist.

BUT just continue with the terms of that mediation agreement TO THE ORIGINAL LENDER.
                The Debt will have been frozen by the Court at that point in time!

Its for the ORIGINAL LENDER to send on payments and explain what they have sold to MKDP/Hoist
                Its nolonger a CCA issue a Court agreed Mediation and the amount and repayments fixed!

Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Completely Ignore MKDP/Hoist.

BUT just continue with the terms of that mediation agreement TO THE ORIGINAL LENDER.
                  The Debt will have been frozen by the Court at that point in time!

Its for the ORIGINAL LENDER to send on payments and explain what they have sold to MKDP/Hoist
                  Its nolonger a CCA issue a Court agreed Mediation and the amount and repayments fixed!

Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).
                  Just to confirm Roger, do you mean ignore Lowell as they are the ones who state they have purchased the debt and want to re negotiate. I have been paying MKDP/Howell and still am at the moment. thanks Pez

Comment

Just to confirm Roger, do you mean ignore Lowell as they are the ones who state they have purchased the debt and want to re negotiate. I have been paying MKDP/Howell and still am at the moment. thanks Pez
                    My thinking is to simply continue to fulfil the mediation terms to the letter to as you say paying MKDP/Howell.
                    They can sell the Debt of course to Lowell but this would have been on face value with no background.

Lowell can write until they are blue in the Face all you need to do really is refer them to MKDP/Howell with off course evidence of payment compliance!
                    If you wish simply send Lowell's letters on to MKDP/Howell for their attention.

All you have to do is fulfil the Mediation terms!

I love playing these DCA's against each other!!

Comment

Working...
                    X