GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA / Arrow Global LLC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA / Arrow Global LLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA / Arrow Global LLC

If you want to kick-off about data breach you'd be utilising the ICO. However, was there a breach?

Before replying to them please clarify;

1. What was sent to your neighbours - be specific (statement / letter / SAR / CCA - what)?
    2. Was the letter already opened when you got it from your neighbour?
    3. Is the envelope see-thru?

Ill tell you now, assume it has Lowell plastered all over the envelope - that'd not be a breach. If the postman or neighbour can see through the envelope or can read the content without opening then it's a breach of DPA. If the neighbour opened your post, it's not a breach of DPA regardless that the DCA sent it to the wrong address.

I'd not overly worry about compo as you won't get any unless they have breached the Act. Have they?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post
      That's a hefty amount. Did they issue you a termination notice following the DN before you went on the dmp? With the amounts involved I'm just trying to thwart off any stupidity on their part by them trying to claim that the account was never terminated and the DMP kept the cause of action date running. Although even if they tried that, if last payment via DMP was in 2008 it would be SB now anyway.
      Hello panther12,
      Thank you very much for your advice.
      No termination notice has ever been received by me but as you say the last payment was in 2008 so SB now anyway.

Hello Niddy,
      1. What was sent to your neighbours - be specific (statement / letter / SAR / CCA - what)?
      2. Was the letter already opened when you got it from your neighbour?
      3. Is the envelope see-thru?

1) They sent two letters asking me to pay them
      2) One opened / one not opened
      3) Envelopes are not see-thru

So I have decided that going by the info received from this great site and the fact I am happy to be debt free now that I will send the SB letter and I will add a paragraph at the beginning pointing out in the strongest terms that they have been using an incorrect house number.

Does that sound ok?
      Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

There is no breach by the DCA so pointless arguing that. Your suggestion sounds the best
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          There is no breach by the DCA so pointless arguing that. Your suggestion sounds the best
          Thank you Niddy.

SB letter now sent to Capquest.
          Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

You really could not make this stuff up ..........

I sent the Statute Barred template letter to Capquest and added a very pleasently worded paragraph at the beginning pointing out that they have been using an incorrect house number in my address. I made a point of telling them my correct house number which no other DCA has had a problem with. No where in the letter did I mention complaint.

Reply received from Capquest today ...... "Thank you for your complaint" ..... we will undertake a thorough investigation ....... have to contact OC ......... will confirm result to you in up to eight weeks .......... all collection activity suspended until we have issued our final response.

All as I expected there .......... now some of you already can guess the punchline here and you are correct .............

The letter from Capquest where they tell me they will investigate sending letters to me at an incorrect address was sent to the same incorrect address!!!!!

Are they taking the P ............ just plain thick ......... or what???

Any suggestions on my next move ........... although this post is tongue in cheek I really am now annoyed about this wrong address fiasco and my neighbour is starting to worry that I am using her address intentionally.
            Last edited by Chalkitup; 23 July 2016, 17:41.
            Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Extremely x100 thick x
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, very thick. They've sent a bog standard reply without bothering to read the letter. Maybe wait until you receive a proper reply to your letter and, if that goes to the wrong address, then make a formal complaint.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  Yes, very thick. They've sent a bog standard reply without bothering to read the letter. Maybe wait until you receive a proper reply to your letter and, if that goes to the wrong address, then make a formal complaint.

Thank you for replies.

I will await their proper response before I do anything else.
                  Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

I have received an answer to my statute barred / sending letters to incorrect address letter.

Capquest call it their final response.

Regarding them sending letters to incorrect house number: -
                    Capquest say they have done nothing wrong as Arrow Global supplied the incorrect house number to them and so not their fault and I should take it up with Arrow Global.

Life is too short ....... as far as I am concerned that matter is now closed. However their letter does read that they sent more than the three letters I actually received. So possibly a few letters were opened by third parties and not passed on to me.

Regarding account being statute barred:-
                    Capquest have put in writing ....”I can confirm Arrow Global have advised the account is statute barred and we have returned your account to Arrow Global and you will not receive any further contact from Capquest”

Then they go on about "DISP 1.7 complaint forwarding rules" and I should address anymore communications to Arrow Global and not Capquest.

Again life is too short and this matter is also now closed as far as I am concerned.

Finally they add that they are going to send me a cheque for £20 to apologise for any inconvenience this matter has caused me.

I presume it is ok to bank the cheque when it arrives as this account is well statute barred so I will not be admitting anything.
                    Plus it will make a nice donation to a very helpful website I know.
                    Talking of which thank you all for your help in this matter.
                    Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Well done. Bank it.

Comment

Well done on it being SB and getting 20 quid

Comment

Well done. Bank it.
                          Capquest cheque for £20 (to apologise for any inconvenience this matter has caused me) arrived yesterday.

Thank you all.
                          Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

You gotta laugh though just at their stupidity lol

Well done. Love seeing DCA's pay compo

Comment

oh I've just had notification of your donation. Thank you very much. In a messed up way this DCA has paid for AAD to exist another month

Thank you again, it's really appreciated.

Comment

oh I've just had notification of your donation. Thank you very much. In a messed up way this DCA has paid for AAD to exist another month
                                That's a bit of poetic justice!

Comment

Working...
                                X