GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ - Cost to process? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ - Cost to process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ - Cost to process?

They can ONLY demand repayment, via DN, of monies due to that point so it's not as simple as "it's dodgy" as it might not be. So based on the contractual terms they suggest you're £x in arrears - the figure £x can only ever be monies actually owed and doesn't include late payment charges etc. It's based on the contractual repayment variable.

For the amount of limit and arrears mentioned i'd hazard a guess at that being 2-3 months worth of contractual repayments.

You could email it and I'll check over it for you if you want? However a bad DN is easy to remedy.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ahhh that makes sense. Contractually it's 1%, so that would be about right, guess it's about 3 months since it all started. Found an email asking for that amount too, dated for a few weeks ago, so they're being consistent!

Comment

Had a reply from their complaints team regarding the current account - they say it was passed to a DCA at start of October (I've not heard from them, probably because I don't answer the door!) and so my emailed offer of £1 was too late (mid oct), but they're now happy to consider now if I do I&E. Using their template I'm at least 500 a month down (and thats not paying much bigger debts).

Is it a good idea to reply to that, and if they accept to actually pay them the £1 a month? My understanding is either way it's 6 years from now (give or take a few months) that it goes from CRA files - so essentially I'm paying £1 a month to avoid a CCJ appearing in public records? Once the 6 years is up, if one were to stop paying, what would happen? Harassment again?

Also if I proactively contact RBS group and offer £1 a month, is that better? Unfortunately it's about 20k in total, including about 15 to Natwest alone, so chances of them accepting!?

Comment

Working...
        X