GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Resolve call / cabot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resolve call / cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolve call / cabot

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place but has anyone got any experience of Resolve call. I have debts which I am completing an UE diary for. I have had contact from Cabot who have not supplied me with a CCA yet have escalated calls, letters and texts over the past few months.
    I have got home tonight to a letter saying that are instructing Resolve call to visit me at home!
    Does anyone know anything about this company, what rights they have etc please?

Resolvecall ( oppsss old Snotcall ooppps Scotcall) they are just hoping to make commissions off you to collect - no powers, infact if they should ever knock your door tell them to leave and shut the door. you do not have to engage with them,

could send this letter Recorded delivery and keep copy on file?

Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 13 December 2018, 20:14.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you so much for this information, it has eased my mind somewhat.
      I will send the harassment letter thank you.
      I take it I am still best to not remind them they have not provided the CCA yet?

Comment

do not encourage them to find one! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

wow I have just read that letter..it sounds quite forceful thank you

Comment

Aha I won't then!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemonday3 View Post
              I am completing an UE diary for. I have had contact from Cabot who have not supplied me with a CCA yet

I've taken a quick peek at your Diary and can see that Cabot is the current owner of both your old Mint and Egg accounts and you sent them s77-79 CCA Requests in 2017 which have not been complied with.

Which one of those debts is the target of this latest letter from them?

And was the account assigned (sold) to Cabot Financial Ltd or Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. This matters.

Di

Comment

Thank you for your reply, It is for the Mint Mastercard, and the current creditor states Cabot Financial UK Limited.

To be honest I have saved the letters that I have received from Cabot & they seem to alternate in which account they are for, but after a period of quiet they have escalated call / texts & letters for both accounts but I have been lax in updating my diary due to work & personal health problems

Comment

Hi

I also have a mint MasterCard as well as a NatWest card that was sold to Cabot I think it was mid 2017. I sent cca requests for both and received an acknowledgment but nothing since, well maybe one letter , without checking I couldn’t say for certain. They have never complied with my cca request. I have seen many stories the same which makes me wonder exactly why, maybe RBS will not or can not supply them or maybe another reason. As it happens mine are statute barred now...that rings a bell, I think when they called me I told them they were in default of my cca request and they closed the account..BUT I also knew they were statute barred so nothing they could do

Comment

Thank you for sharing this. Cabot have been a paid for the past few months and I was advised to send a letter(template was provided) stating that Resolve would not be permitted on my property.
                    I am considering sending this.

Comment

If it were me I would get that letter sent - I assume you mean the harassment one that goes on to say you can not come and visit me. I sent similar a good few years ago and they worked

Comment

Yes, when I first read it, I thought it was very stern so I am more than happy to send it if people think it's the right thing to do. I lack confidence with dealing with these organisations so I do appreciate your advice, thank you

Comment

I think we all lack confidence when we start this process but confidence will come. I always try to remember these points
                          1) I did not deliberately get into debt with a view to not paying it back
                          2) These companies will try and bully, cajole, trick and in general try to do anything to get you to pay up
                          3) They may even try and make you feel sorry for them
                          4) To them, you are just a number and someone to squeeze for more money
                          5) Often (usually) the law is actually on my side because they or the original creditor have failed to do something
                          6) I will make it as difficult as possible for them- I work on the principle of lowest hanging fruit i.e if they can get more out of someone else for less effort they will
                          7) I will always be as polite and professional as possible but also firm and not get caught up in conversation. I have no qualms about saying 'sorry I will not discuss
                          this over the phone, thank you for your call, goodbye' then hang up- all in one breath so they can not get a word is edgeways

Even now (7 years in) , I still get the odd wobble when a debt is passed on to a new DCA but I am always reassured by someone who tells me they have had the same letter.
                          Then I think - anyway, they can not get blood out of a stone - as Victoria wood would say ' I do not have a pot to P in'

Comment

Thank you so much for spending the time to respond. I will look at this when the wobbles come. I too did not intend to get into this situation and feel guilty that I am going against my principles. Having been in DMP for several years plus all the years I’ve paid back interest and some, I feel they have had their pound of flesh, however I still have inner conflict about all of this. Thanks again

Comment

Let me help ease your conscience.
                              These companies purchase your debt at a fraction of the face value and then make every effort to claim full value off you. The original creditor is no longer interested in the debt as they’ve sold it/written it off their books.
                              So you don’t actually owe the debt to the original company you borrowed it from and those chasing you didn’t pay the full amount so have little to lose.

In my mind I see it like this, you want to buy my debt that’s fine it now becomes your debt not mine unless you can prove beyond doubt that I actually owe you.
                              and this is where as Warwick says you gain the upper hand in many cases as they aren’t competent enough to deal with the correct procedure in purchase to legally pursue the debt. Please note this is not always the case and there are far more experienced persons that can advise as to the individual situation for you, however through some great people on here my worries and concerns have evaporated and I can now sleep breathe and live as a normal human being again. That’s not to say that my debts have been wiped merely that I have a greater understanding of what to be fearful of and what to disregard and I can tell you this there is more to disregard than fear.
                              Stick with it and shout up when you need too, you will be supported by those who know the law.

Comment

Working...
                              X