GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Non compliance correction? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non compliance correction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non compliance correction?

Hi all,
    has anybody else received an admission letter of non compliance from Arrow or associated solicitors and their determination to comply with CCA going forward?

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
    has anybody else received an admission letter of non compliance from Arrow or associated solicitors and their determination to comply with CCA going forward?

I'm intrigued

Do you mean you've received a letter from Arrow (or their instructed solicitors) admitting that they've not been able to comply with your s77-79 CCA Request but they are determined to comply with it at some stage in the future?

Di

Comment

Basically saying they haven’t been providing regular statements of the account and they intend to do so from now ?? Well actually they provided an opening and closing balance to cover a 21 month period. No payments made in that time.

are they becoming wise?
      or is the fact there is a missing period of statements still favourable to us?

Comment

I am not sure what they are doing, I have , in the past had 6 envelopes from a DCA providing 6 years of annual statements for an account . I think it means your account has come up for review and these have been generated . Oddly about 3 years later I got another 6 envelopes from the same DCA for the same debt so there seemed to be a lack of joined up thinking but these were my second favourite debt purchases based in West Malling - erm I wonder who they might be?

At the moment I would just add them to the pile of correspondence I am sure you are collecting.

Comment

Did they progress anything in your case Warwick?
          I have as I’m sure you’re aware a superb collection of paperwork to which I shall add these

Comment

In my case not much happened. A few weeks ago saying it had been passed to another part of the group. This was followed by a begging letter and then by another ‘if you don’t play with us we will pass it back to our client who will decide what to do’

As the debt is SB, owned by lovely people and for £15k , well I am sure Joanna Connolly could make some easy money

Comment

I kind of anticipate that a letter or two will arrive just prior to Xmas, doubt it will include a card but still it may get a frosty response!

Comment

Basically saying they haven’t been providing regular statements of the account and they intend to do so from now ?? Well actually they provided an opening and closing balance to cover a 21 month period. No payments made in that time.

are they becoming wise?
                or is the fact there is a missing period of statements still favourable to us?

I'm guessing that you've been sent 'retrospective' statements (i.e. Notice of Sums in Arrears) which are/were a statutory requirement because they've perhaps not complied with s86 (B) or (C) so s86 (D) may make the debt unenforceable until or unless they do comply. Which from what you say they may have now done.

I'm only guessing at this stage in the absence of information

Link > https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...39/section/86D

Di

Comment

Hello Diana,
                  Its been a while, in honesty it’s been rather quiet on all fronts so didn’t want to distract you from your daily business. Hope you’re well.

The thing is it is not in a format that I’ve seen from others in that it’s not a notice of arrears etc. It is literally a page that that talks about the account and then gives a dates beginning January 17 and October 18 with open and close balances, which incidentally are the same.
                  It then goes on to say they will be providing regular statements going forward.
                  ??

Comment

Hello Diana,
                    Its been a while, in honesty it’s been rather quiet on all fronts so didn’t want to distract you from your daily business. Hope you’re well.

I'm fine. Thank you for asking

Who was the original creditor and what was the original financial product such as a credit card, personal loan, HP agreement, current account overdraft, and when was the account opened?

Who is writing to you and/or serving you with (possibly) a (backdated) Notice of Sums in Arrears? Is it Arrow Global Ltd. or Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd (not currently authorised by he FCA), or solicitors such as Restons or Shoosmiths or A.N Another?

Arrow's compliance with the CCA may be dependant on your answers to my questions.

Di

Comment

So the first is an old Original A&L credit card (c2003) which somehere transferred to MBNA, now owned by the beloved guernsey office being managed by DF sols. After a CCA request and subsequent letter tennis ( keeping info to a minimum) AGG ltd have admitted their error and have sent this letter.
                      I recall originally speaking with you Di re this account last year. Things went quiet for a while after they had sent the Agreement and TC’s with a couple of pathetic efforts of statement details. Now this, so I suspect their minions will be in contact to attempt to ruin Xmas.

The second letter of same is in relation to a different account in my wife’s name. Again all the same letters have been passed and we have arrived at the same scenario. The only difference is her one is owned by AG ltd. Again we have spoken about this one too.

I feel reasonably calm about both, could just do with out it at this time of year! I’m not convinced either have a strong case, based on your confidence, however if or when the time comes I shall acquire your services to see then off. Your reputation is really quite something

Comment

Working...
                      X