GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot Strike again - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot Strike again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Strike again

Well I came home today to find a letter from Cabot offering me a 90% discount on an account they own. I will of course for now be ignoring it for various reasons but they are in default of a S78 request from when they first acquired said account.

Then I received a phone call from Cabot , I refused to do security and said everything had to be in writing and they should know that , they say they have removed my number and will send a letter. Of course I have no way of knowing if the call was about this account or any other account they own. Every one is in default of a S77-79 request

I am guessing my name has come to the top of the pile again and I will , if necessary just respond with a holding - you are in default of a S77-79 request . At this point I won't tell them the whole thing is SB anyway

I must say, part of me does want to know NOW what they were phoning about

Xmas party threat to them being cancelled no doubt through lack of monies coming in?? lol that time of year & Bonuses of ilgotton gains/
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Reread the letter as I was filing . It only offered the discount to close my account WITH Cabot.

I also noticed the OC had been crediting £1 payments for 3 months after I had stopped paying-unlike other accounts. Had a minor panic

Comment

Well I did what I would never tell anyone to do - I called them back. Did some very basic security - name address DOB which I know they had anyway as they are writing to me. Told the nice man they had not provided details and I heard him reading the notes which said they were unable to get the varied T&Cs . Then on hold for two minutes and he came back saying the account was now closed. Nice to know even tough they were in default of a S78 request AND the debt was genuinely SB. That's another 2.5K less to worry about

Comment

I had the 90% discount letters from Cabot recently in respect of 2 accounts. One they have been sending soft letters about for over two years, and I have never replied.

The other I had sent them a copy of a letter from the OC confirming that they were unable to supply a reconstituted agreement. That was 4 years ago and they haven't chased since.

Fantastic discounts - pity the accounts are both now SB.

Comment

Warwick65 nice one, now if you can ask them to either write mine off or disc of 90% then I might just speak to them!!

Comment

Good news indeed.....And it shows that the UE route does work.....Well done all
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                It does indeed show the UE route works. If RBS had not sold the account on and taken action themselves it might have been a very different story. The goal does seem to be, get the account sold on, the more times the better.
                Oh and keep copies of everything from day 1 if you can

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                  Yep. Mine are all SB now, and I've been intending to make a general post about this as encouragement for others who are following this route. Must get on that shortly.

Comment

I've had a 90% discount letter too (for an account which is SB) - they're definitely coming up to Christmas party season!

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Yep. Mine are all SB now, and I've been intending to make a general post about this as encouragement for others who are following this route. Must get on that shortly.
                      Do make sure you do that SW........When you have the time

It is an inspiration and an encouragement for others who are thinking of just starting out or part way through the process.........I know it was these good news stories that helped me take the plunge all those years ago..............My six years is frighteningly close now.........It has gone in the blink of an eye

Comment

Working...
                      X