GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hoist finance Howard Cohen (ex Halifax) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoist finance Howard Cohen (ex Halifax)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist finance Howard Cohen (ex Halifax)

Hi, today I have received a letter from the above via ccbc issued 19th October 2020. I spent years clearing 16k of debts run up by my ex so am familiar with the tactics of many of the companies. I'm not perfect but have managed to keep most of my finances under control. I have both mental health issues and physical disabilities. This debt largely came about because of a severe mental health crisis (it would have been called a breakdown in the past) at the time I incurred a few minor debts which were all quickly sorted. All that was left was the water bill which is close to being sorted via one of their schemes and this one. Although I'm used to dealing with debt collectors etc I have left this one and not had contact with any of the debt companies at all simply because my mental health has not improved very well since that time (coming up 3 years) my anxiety is still really bad and makes it difficult to even think of dealing with this. Am really hoping I can get some advice on the best way to deal. There are other things going on including medical tests etc for something that has a massive impact on my ability to deal with most things. If anyone can help I'd be really grateful because my anxiety is up there on the ceiling ATM.

Hi welcome.
    Could you just tell me what/ who is "ccbc" ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      Could you just tell me what/ who is "ccbc" ?
      County Court Business Centre aka MCOL

Di
      Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 21 October 2020, 12:20.

Comment

Ahhhhh Thank you, I had a list running through my mind, but that was not on it.

NW
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenbee View Post
          today I have received a letter from the above via ccbc issued 19th October 2020.

Hello

From what you say you have received a county court claim from Hoist who may have instructed Howard Cohen Solicitors to act for them.

Do you recognise the debt which is being pursued?

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time at the moment. This claim isn't personal so let's see what can be done to help you deal with the situation

Di

Comment

Hello Di, yes I have. I know what it is, it's for an overdraft from the Halifax. I shouldn't be freaking out as I'm not scared of these things, it's more to do with having the capacity to deal with the necessary steps ... I think ?

Comment

Hello Di, yes I have. I know what it is, it's for an overdraft from the Halifax. I shouldn't be freaking out as I'm not scared of these things, it's more to do with having the capacity to deal with the necessary steps ... I think ?

You've every reason to be "freaking out" since this is a situation which you may not have faced before.

Thank you for explaining this was originally a Halifax overdraft.

Can you also say when (what year) the current account was opened, and also how much Hoist are trying to claim (in round figures not the exact amount).

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

You've every reason to be "freaking out" since this is a situation which you may not have faced before.

Thank you for explaining this was originally a Halifax overdraft.

Can you also say when (what year) the current account was opened, and also how much Hoist are trying to claim (in round figures not the exact amount).

Di
                I can't say for sure as I have big gaps in my memory but I think 2014. This would be where the overdraft stood in 2017 when I had the mental health crisis and is a smidge over £1k.

Comment

. . . I think 2014. This would be where the overdraft stood in 2017 when I had the mental health crisis and is a smidge over £1k.

In your first post you've referred to debts run up by your ex, so was this a joint account and is the claim naming both of you as Defendants if it was?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

In your first post you've referred to debts run up by your ex, so was this a joint account and is the claim naming both of you as Defendants if it was?

Di
                    Ah no that was well before any of this. I only mentioned that as i have been able to deal in the past before the mental and physical health got worse. It's only in my name.

Comment

I can't say for sure as I have big gaps in my memory but I think 2014. This would be where the overdraft stood in 2017 when I had the mental health crisis and is a smidge over £1k.

What matters at this moment in time is what Hoist are claiming and why they think they have the right to claim it.

If you'd like me to take a look at the Particulars of Claim you can email me the first page of the claim form (N1) using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Once a claim has been issued the court sets the timetable for those proceedings so time is of the essence to respond.

Di

Comment

Working...
                      X