GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Struggling to keep up some days - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Struggling to keep up some days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling to keep up some days

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined today, I have been trying to work through my debts for a while, and I have months where I feel I need to just bury my head, and then I try to make an effort to deal with them.

The issue I have is I have depression and MS and just trying to spend 30 minutes dealing with it literally wipes me out for days, and just understanding some of the information takes so long, I can understand it one day and then I have forgotten by the next day.

I really want to get it sorted, however, I feel I am running around in circles constantly, and the stress is really not good for any of my medical issues, and consequently end up feeling even worse, oh! and have had a heart attack. too

I tried to complete an income and expenditure for one of them and I ended up in bed for 2 days after, not good with small dependant children.

Should I just copy a letter to them all with medical evidence and say I cant deal with it, I haven't even acknowledged most of them for 3 years, as I never used to even open the post, however now they have been sold on the debt collectors are calling me and one even turned up at my door, which left me in a bad way for a week.

Marly

I forgot to mention, I did send a CCA off from a template letter I found online and they returned reconstituted "true copy" which even with my cognitive disability I can tell it isn't from 2001, I haven't replied to them to them yet though as I dont know what to say and cant find a draft letter

Comment

Welcome to AAD, your health and family must be you priority. If you try and take control it may help you to feel stronger. Have you read the diary section? https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...bility-diaries
      If you set out all your debts in the format shown you will get help and guidance over how to deal with this part of your life. We have numerous template letters that will help to deal with different situations and are able to securely check agreements.
      Good luck
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks you, I will take a look and try and make a start on the diary.

Comment

As Cym said, Your absolute priority is to your health and family

As bad as things sound to you, I can see some real positives in your situation, especially with debts being sold off and if you have not paid/acknowledged them for some time, That could be a very good thing

What I would say for now is not to make any contact with creditors until we can see the full situation

I appreciate that things are really draining and difficult at the minute but do take the time to put the accounts up into a diary so that members can assist and we can get you back in control

I speak from personal experience but once I joined the site and could see the path ahead it made things so much better
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Spud,

I have made a start on the diary and put one up, need to get the letters together for the others.

Comment

No problem

It takes time to get things together so baby steps is the way forward.....a positive step each day will make things seem so much brighter and get you back in control

Once you have assembled your half a rain forest of letters for each account try to file them in a folder in date order etc and keep any envelopes with the date received written on them for future use

Anything you need to ask.....ask away.......there is no judgment on AAD and the only silly question is one that is never asked

Comment

That's good, as m great at asking stupid questions.

I cant seem to find any template letters on here for ill health. I have upgraded to the AAD+ and can see others, am I missing something?

Thanks

Comment

Ask away....

You have found the template letters so that's good.......So that I can get it clear, what is it you are looking for or wanting to send?

At the minute and from memory ( I need to check your diary) the next step is to request/inspect agreements etc ( I think you had received some CCA replies) to see where you stand prior to making any decisions or sending letters

I would advise against sending any letters out to creditors until you can see your position etc

Comment

I am not sending anything to Link as I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie, there for now. I am right in thinking Barclays should have defaulted it before selling on?

I have no idea who owns the Tesco credit card, and loan as Cabot wrote with a letter from Tesco to say Cabot were managing on their behalf, however, my noddle report is showing Cabot own it?

I have received reconstituted agreement from 1st credit and have emailed that for checking.

I also have a rather large mortgage shortfall £80k from a property my children and I were rehoused from by the council due to DV, even though we left I carried on paying the mortgage for over a year until my ex broke into our new home and attacked me, and I then had a heart attack. I have been in communication with them and they have asked for a letter from doctor concerning my health issues, which is why I was just going to send the same info to them all, in the hope that I can F&F them and relieve some of the stress as its not good for any of my conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Marly View Post
                      I am not sending anything to Link as I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie, there for now. I am right in thinking Barclays should have defaulted it before selling on?

I have no idea who owns the Tesco credit card, and loan as Cabot wrote with a letter from Tesco to say Cabot were managing on their behalf, however, my noddle report is showing Cabot own it?

I have received reconstituted agreement from 1st credit and have emailed that for checking.

I also have a rather large mortgage shortfall £80k from a property my children and I were rehoused from by the council due to DV, even though we left I carried on paying the mortgage for over a year until my ex broke into our new home and attacked me, and I then had a heart attack. I have been in communication with them and they have asked for a letter from doctor concerning my health issues, which is why I was just going to send the same info to them all, in the hope that I can F&F them and relieve some of the stress as its not good for any of my conditions.
                      1. Barclays can sell a live debt if they want (to a debt purchaser) - or even pass it to a third party to run on their behalf (a debt collector).
                      2. Cabot showing on your CRA means they are now assignees so it is them who you would contact from here on in, however you would send for a SAR (if ever needed) via Tesco - not the DCA (always SAR the original creditor in all cases).
                      3. Cabot cannot do that much - see post here (https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...ts/33536-cabot)
                      4. Can you resend the CCA as I don't seem to have one from you? webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
                      5. The mortgage shortfall is a different issue, however if you have no assets and want to get rid of all this once and for all then there's always an option to consider a more formal option such as BR - also remember the mortgage shortfall can be sought for 12 years - not just 6 like normal debts.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you, I have resent it to you.

Comment

any update of this one?

Comment

Hi The Tech Clerk,

Sorry for not updating on here, I have mostly updated my diary. I haven’t really been around as much as while it relatively quiet I have been putting it to the back of my mind.

the situation to date is:

Mortgage shortfall: I sent all my medical proof to the DCA that was dealing with the shortfall they have written to say the matter is closed, however mortgage company still updating default on credit file, but have from them.

The 1st credit one (formally Halifax, which Niddy said was unenforceable for now) that was with their legal department has been sent back to collections and they have decided after reviewing account not to take court action at this time. I have received massive box from Halifax SAR but not had time to properly look at it as there are literally reams.

still heard nothing from Link

Both Cabot ones are in default of CCA still, so have had no contact.

Its great to be able to finally breathe a bit, however, I know I still have a long way to go. That said, I do feel much more in control now thanks to you all

Comment

Marly thank you for the update hope the situation stays the same till statute barred etc

Comment

Working...
                              X