GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Selling house with a secured loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling house with a secured loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Selling house with a secured loan

Originally posted by LippyKid View Post
    yes it went to the adjudicator and it was them who have responded but I'm not clear on the practice they used, I have spoken to them since the post I made above and they have indicated to me that they haven't used the one piece of evidence that would show clearly whether we would be vindicated or that we were in error to make the complaint in the first place.

So I wanted clarification on whether I can legally demand they provide me the information they used to come to their decision.
    Yes you can. You can send the FOS a SAR.

I've always managed to get a copy of the whole file by making a formal complaint about *service levels* to the Adjudicator's line manager. That'll save you the ten quid for the SAR

Comment

we are not financially out of pocket although am in another sense as the debt owed is now a different dynamic
      Only if you can produce a formal loan note/agreement which says you will now have to pay interest on the money lent to you by family members which is greater than the interest you were or would be paying FP if you had been able to port that loan.

Comment

This would have been avoided if FP had asked relevant questions in the first place.
        Would those "relevant questions" have generated different answers to those which you subsequently gave FP? Maybe all that would have happened is that you would have got an underwriting decision to refuse your port earlier in the process.

Hey, I'm on your side here, but I also know when you're banging your head on a brick wall

I do feel FP should pay you a modest sum in compensation for their sloppy communication, but I feel there's no way you're going to get your £28k back.

Comment

Hi Plan B I want to reply to each of your replies like you have with mine how do I do that?

Comment

oops just saw reply with quote...sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            Yes you can. You can send the FOS a SAR.

I've always managed to get a copy of the whole file by making a formal complaint about *service levels* to the Adjudicator's line manager. That'll save you the ten quid for the SAR
            OK thanks

Comment

Only if you can produce a formal loan note/agreement which says you will now have to pay interest on the money lent to you by family members which is greater than the interest you were or would be paying FP if you had been able to port that loan.
              Unfortunately I can't as the interest rate isn't as high! Oh well

Comment

Would those "relevant questions" have generated different answers to those which you subsequently gave FP? Maybe all that would have happened is that you would have got an underwriting decision to refuse your port earlier in the process.

Hey, I'm on your side here, but I also know when you're banging your head on a brick wall

I do feel FP should pay you a modest sum in compensation for their sloppy communication, but I feel there's no way you're going to get your £28k back.
                Yes they would have made us better informed about our position when proceeding to make our moves in the housing market, we would have still moved however I would have used the time also to look at other financial assistance.

Point taken re the 28k it's clear it isn't gonna happen! anyway what would say is a modest sum?

plus excuse my ignorance but what is a SAR?

Comment

plus excuse my ignorance but what is a SAR?
                  Sorry for the shorthand, a SAR is a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act.

See here: http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information

Comment

Sorry for the shorthand, a SAR is a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act.

See here: http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information
                    Thanks again Plan B

Comment

Working...
                    X