GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Troublesome Tenant-Please help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troublesome Tenant-Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Troublesome Tenant-Please help

Yes as you're like a mod so it gets forced through. Regardless of limits. If a user has a full inbox any PM sent by experts, mods, site or admin will arrive safely. I'll check that now but that's how it should work.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Yes as you're like a mod so it gets forced through. Regardless of limits. If a user has a full inbox any PM sent by experts, mods, site or admin will arrive safely. I'll check that now but that's how it should work.
      confirmed - yes any PM you send any user will always arrive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1399804
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

PlanB received your email address thanks.
        NID: thanks for tip, i will get posting to get my credits up so to speak. Rangers fan! Glasgow or QPR?

Comment

mpeverton

Good Luck with your housing wows, you are now in good hands with PlanB

Comment

Originally posted by mpeverton1980 View Post
            PlanB received your email address thanks.
            NID: thanks for tip, i will get posting to get my credits up so to speak. Rangers fan! Glasgow or QPR?
            Do you want banning?

there is ONLY one Rangers. Think world club footballs most ever successful club

Comment

Do you want banning?

Niddy lives in his own little world

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

But true......

Comment

I have your email and I'm going to reply in a minute because I would like to see the front page of the tenancy agreement you gave the Tenants (to clear up the AT or AST issue) and a copy of the Section 21 Notice you served on them. Everything else can be discussed on here unless I need to ask something personal.

Comment

Manchester United?

Comment

It's good that you have now insured the Tenants' deposit. You will no longer be prevented from getting a possession order on that issue. However it's possible that a pedantic DJ would say that the deposit was not placed in a scheme at the time you served the Section 21 Notice which could render it invalid. To be safe I would serve them with another one now you've protected it. You must also send them a copy of the insurance certificate and the prescribed information for tenants which should have been emailed to you by mydeposits in PDF format. Tick the box requiring a "Red" receipt if you're sending it to the Tenants by email.

I assume that the original fixed period of the tenancy agreement has expired which is why you are using Section 21 to gain possession. This is a 'no fault' ground for possession. In other words you don't have to give any reason other than the fact that you want the property back.

On your application for possession did you also refer to rent arrears? And have you also served the Tenants a Section 8 Notice for those arrears? You can collect those rent arrears by issuing a County Court Summons if you didn't include them. I see that as a bit pointless since they clearly haven't got any money so it would be a hollow victory to get a CCJ.

Comment

Originally posted by mpeverton1980 View Post
                        Rent in arreas of three months approx. £1350.00 owed. . . . . I have contacted the local council and declared that i am not receiving any rent from tenant who is claiming benefits (DSS) . . . . Tenant has lied to council with regards to how many weeks that they are in arrears.
                        Once the Tenants are eight weeks or more in rent arrears the Local Authority must pay the HB to the Landlord direct. You say you live in Shropshire (is the let property in the same area?) and the Council admits this on their own website. The onus is on you to prove that you have not received the rent. But I would like to think the HB team will ask the Tenant for proof that they have.

http://shropshire.gov.uk/benefits/lo...d-information/

Now my next question is if you get the HB/rent paid direct by the council would you still want to evict them? Why not bank the money until things stabilize and then evict them when you're ready. If the Tenants have received HB and not passed it on to you (causing £1,350 arrears) then you may be able to claw that back through the Council who will claw it back from the Tenants. I can't promise that but I'll look into it for you.

How long have the Tenants been in the property and have they been a pain from the beginning or is it only the rent money that's the problem? Once that's sorted things may got better.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          Tick the box requiring a "Red" receipt if you're sending it to the Tenants by email.
                          "Red" or "Read"?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            "Red" or "Read"?
                            Oh goody, are you offering to be my personal sub-editor?

How do you know I wasn't advising the OP to seek a receipt for the documents written in red ink

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Oh goody, are you offering to be my personal sub-editor?
                              No - you couldn't afford me.

How do you know I wasn't advising the OP to seek a receipt for the documents written in red ink
                              I don't.

Didn't you once work for the Manchester Grauniad?

Comment

MP I've received your documents by email.

You've created this problem by issuing your Tenant with an Assured Tenancy Agreement not an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement. Do we blame Google for this error since it wouldn't have come from an agent?

What your Tenant now has is a tenancy for life and beyond. If she dies "succession" kicks in which means her husband/partner/child can inherit the tenancy. In effect you're stuck with her forever. The tenancy agreement states a minimum term of six months but no end date. It's not a fixed term contract.

Thank God she has rent arrears because that is one of the only reasons you can use to lawfully get her out. See those rent arrears as a blessing in disguise. Once she's paid them you cannot evict her ever. She could be entitled to live there for the next 50 years or more (unless she breaches the terms of her agreement).

I'm not wanting to alarm you, I simply want you to know the facts so you can make an informed decision on what you can and can't legally to do next (I'll get to tactics and strategy later).

Here is some in formation on the enhanced legal rights for tenants with Assured Tenancies. As I said before it's extremely rare to find these in the private rental sector, they are only used by councils and Housing Associations.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/private_renting/private_renting_agreements/assured_tenancies

Comment

Working...
                                X