GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Deposit as a tenant - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deposit as a tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deposit as a tenant

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    He subsequently found a better place and phoned the original person to cancel. She didn't take it very well even though she has a waiting list for the place. Son wrote officially, returned key and requested that deposit was refunded. This had been cashed.
    Perhaps another difficulty is Son phoned to cancel which implies that he had already accepted the agreement otherwise he wouldn't need to cancel it

Don't get me wrong, I want him to get his money back but I'm trying to look at it objectively so that no one marches into court with false expectations of the outcome

Comment

Hi, thanks for all the comments, an update........

Son has had most of the deposit returned; she told him it had been dropped off at his work place, but forgot to do so........ She has a reputation for refusing to refund money and late paying. She stated that she had kept money back for drawing up legal documents, (printed from the Internet ), advertising (she had a waiting list and didn't readvertise) etc. Son now has a mission in life.

PlanB, I may have said cancel, but that was just a word of convenience, he said that they didn't want the place.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        Son has had most of the deposit returned . . . . . She stated that she had kept money back for drawing up legal documents, (printed from the Internet ), advertising (she had a waiting list and didn't readvertise) etc. Son now has a mission in life.

PlanB, I may have said cancel, but that was just a word of convenience, he said that they didn't want the place.
        What's your son's mission in life? Not to write out cheques for a deposit if you don't actually want to rent the property?

Comment

Little boy trying to be a grown up plus working with'knowledgeable'people!

He's lucky we've got as much back as we did; one day he may listen to his mother but, I'm not going to hold my breath
          Last edited by cymruambyth; 27 April 2013, 12:24.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X