GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rent arrears - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rent arrears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers as alway SW.
    I agree they have not been consistent at all with information supplied.
    The delay according to the letter just received...COVID and changes with the organisation.
    Bull***t excuse, just another way of explaining away incompetent employees.

Cheers again SW,

Steve
    Steve

Comment

I concur with SW, I'd point out their lack of reliable accounting and put the onus
      on them to prove that the money is owed.

Did you get anywhere with asking the bank for the transaction history from four years ago?

Comment

Hello NM Thanks for comments, always appreciate any input.
        To be honest, we decided to go back to Southern with the response that they go to head office and confirm 100% that they did not receive the money, because all they keep saying is the money doesn't appear to have been received.
        So once they can confirm that, then we go back to my daughter's bank.
        We have told them that failure so far to provide all of the information that appears to be missing from the SAR, the deposit....will be reported to the ICO.
        No evidence of any deposit paid, and which should have been refunded.
        Dodgy ground...but interest over 4 years owed on deposit money kept....would they then hit back with interest due, if it's proven arrears are due.
        Which at this point it does seem very unlikely we owe anything.

Cheers again
        Steve

Steve

Comment

I don't understand the reluctance to get the historic statements from your daughter's bank. From what you are saying, I am getting that she still hasn't asked for that information.

Also, a point to note -
          "Question. When I return a deposit, do I have to include any interest accrued? This is dependent on the scheme in which you hold your tenant's deposit. If the deposit is being held by the Deposit Protection Service, which is a custodial scheme, there will be no interest to pay back."

As I posted previously, Optivo indicate that they hold deposits in the DPS.
          Last edited by Still Waving; 13 March 2023, 17:22.

Comment

...once they can confirm that, then we go back to my daughter's bank
            Your call, but if it was me I'd be talking to the bank now so that anything they had was ready to use when Southern come back to you with whatever information they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

Your call, but if it was me I'd be talking to the bank now so that anything they had was ready to use when Southern come back to you with whatever information they have.
              My thoughts exactly. I think it's better to get your ducks in a row as far as you can, as early as you can. That way you're not caught on the hop scrabbling around for info with short ultimatums.

Comment

Cheers guys She told me yesterday afternoon she has already requested information and is just waiting for it to come through.
                DIfficult to push too hard at the moment with her on meds with anxiety.
                Keep you posted to outcome.
                Cheers again ?
                Steve
                Steve

Comment

Resolved

Last edited by stuffthebanks; 23 March 2023, 13:17. Reason: Resolved
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stuffthebanks View Post
                    Resolved

Good!

But post changed when I was in the middle of draughting a considered reply to your original version.

Comment

Working...
                    X