GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting my first mortgage - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting my first mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my first mortgage

Hello. I'm hoping to get my first mortgage at some point in the next few years. It's for a council house that my family has lived in for over 20 years so the cost is estimated to be at around £50,000 total.

My credit score is currently bad but I'm trying to build it up. I have a CCJ on there (satisfied) from about 4 years ago.

Everything else is slowly building up to green.

How much does credit score matter when getting a mortgage?

Do you think I would be able to put a deposit down with £5,000 (10 percent)?

If I get a salaried job earning around £25,000 per year minus my current outgoings (£400 per month) does this sound likely?

Will I need to have been in the salaried job forore than 3 months? Or does the 3 months suffice?

Thank you

wait 2 years the CCJ record fall off CRAs records, also present time mortgages are difficult to get and interest rates rising, slow down hoefully in 2 years steady results ? sure others will comment/advise also? I had to produce 2 years pay slips not long ago
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of "ifs" there. Seems like the first thing is to get a regular paid job.

Comment

I'm currently studying for a degree (1 year left) and working as a care worker (bank 0 hours contract) and self employed. However the income I currently have varies so much. So yes, I am aware that in order to do this ASAP I will need to get a salaried job as soon as I finish my studies.

Comment

Working...
        X