GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Virgin Money Debts - Debt Free Wannabe - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin Money Debts - Debt Free Wannabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Money Debts - Debt Free Wannabe

Good Morning all,

I have two credit card debts with Virgin (Clydesdale Bank PLC);

Type of account - Credit Card
    Date commenced - December 2022
    Approx balance - £9,000
    Date last paid - July 23
    Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not paying
    Account owner - Intrum UK Finance Ltd (7 March 24) - appointed Capquest Debt Recovery Ltd to 'administer' debt and Moorcroft to Manage the account.
    CCA: Request sent by Registered Post, Delivered to Capquest on 1 May 24
    Response: Undated 1 May postage returning two £1 postal orders saying response would be forthcoming
    Further letter 15 May - referring to my letter received on 13 May (no letter was received by them on this date, was delivered on 1 May) it states 'We work with a number of companies who manage accounts on our behalf. Your account is currently being services by Moorcroft you will have to contact them about the letter'

2nd card
    Date commenced - July 22
    Balance £5,800
    All other details the same as above.

Lodged a complaint with Virgin Money - Irresponsible lending (defaults on credit file at the time of applying), secret commission in relation to the cards.

Approx balance - £9,000
    Date last paid - July 23
    Account owner - Intrum UK Finance Ltd (7 March 24) - appointed Capquest Debt Recovery Ltd to 'administer' debt and Moorcroft to Manage the account.
    Response: Undated 1 May postage returning two £1 postal orders saying response would be forthcoming
    Further letter 15 May - referring to my letter received on 13 May (no letter was received by them on this date, was delivered on 1 May) it states 'We work with a number of companies who manage accounts on our behalf. Your account is currently being services by Moorcroft you will have to contact them about the letter'

You didn't draw attnetion to your Diary
    Right Intrum UK Finance Ltd see here
    https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...22#post1549298

Intrum appointed Capquest and you have their admission of receiving your S.78 plus £1 . This is now outstanding because Capquest are agents for Intrum!
    So your S.78 plus £1 is binding on Intrum!!
    So no further correspondance here until that S.78 CCA (plus £1) is fulfilled!

Comment

You didn't draw attention to your Diary
      Apologies Roger, what do you mean here?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Approx balance - £9,000
        Date last paid - July 23

You didn't draw attnetion to your Diary
        Right Intrum UK Finance Ltd see here
        https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...22#post1549298

Intrum appointed Capquest and you have their admission of receiving your S.78 plus £1 . This is now outstanding because Capquest are agents for Intrum!
        So your S.78 plus £1 is binding on Intrum!!
        So no further correspondance here until that S.78 CCA (plus £1) is fulfilled!
        That's great thank you, I just wanted to check I'd served the CCA on the correct creditor! They don't make it easy.

I'll have a look at the post.

Comment

I don’t want to be a downer but it is unlikely the account will be UE due to a bad agreement. However it might be UE for lots of other reasons, for example the OC might not supply the new owner with the agreement. The DN ( did you get one?) might be bad. There might be problems with the assignment

But
          Stay positive
          Keep records
          Keep all correspondence
          If you want send a DSAR to Virgin money

I’m not sure if the deal with Nationwide is still on the table but it might get cause further problems as systems merge

One step at a time
          One bite at a time
          You will eat the elephant

Comment

Originally posted by Dottir View Post
            I don’t want to be a downer but it is unlikely the account will be UE due to a bad agreement. However it might be UE for lots of other reasons, for example the OC might not supply the new owner with the agreement. The DN ( did you get one?) might be bad. There might be problems with the assignment

But
            Stay positive
            Keep records
            Keep all correspondence
            If you want send a DSAR to Virgin money

I’m not sure if the deal with Nationwide is still on the table but it might get cause further problems as systems merge

One step at a time
            One bite at a time
            You will eat the elephant
            Capquest are Intrum's Agents therefor what Capquest does or doesn't do binds Intrum.
            In sending a S.78 to Capquest plus £1 this is UE until this request has been fulfilled thats in the CCA 74 Act
            Plus without good title Intrum cannot pass good title onto Capquest nor Capquest to Moorcroft!

Plus in January 2024!
            Intrum Uk Finance Limited v B… (County Court at Sheffield (June 2022)

30 January 2024, 10:03
            "..
            Intrum Uk Finance Limited v B… (County Court at Sheffield (June 2022) – Intrum lose Appeal against finding of lower court to that the Claimant (intrum) is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority and is accordingly not entitled to bring the claim. The claim is struck out pursuant to CPR 3.4(2) (a) and (b). The Appellant/ claimant (intrum) was represented by Henderson Chambers in Appeal and by Gough Square Chambers in lower court. The claim was for monies owing under a Halifax PLC credit card agreement.
            .."
            Don't argue don't remind keep the paper work safe!
            Do and say nothing I wouldn't send a DSAR at this stage!
            Silence is Golden!

Comment

Good Evening amazing people!

Still nothing in relation to the agreement, they wrote to say it was UE and that they would get the agreement, since then, nothing.

Question, they're reporting adverse information...aside from arguing an Unfair Relationship (there were defaults on my file when I applied for credit)...in order to pass info to CRA's isn't this on the basis of consent? We sign our agreements to give this consent. Isn't it the case that they shouldn't be passing information as there's no consent if not agreement?

Comment

I’m not sure I would be fighting this just yet. Virgin will have the agreement, it might be they are not willing to hand it over to Intrum for a cca request.

I would at this point sit it out. I assume Virgin defaulted you so that will fall off after 6 years. You don’t make that clear so I’m guessing.

Comment

Working...
                X