GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My debt free diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My debt free diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My debt free diary

• Date commenced - 2013
    • Approx balance at default - £3700
    • Default - 27 5 2016 (date from credit file)
    • Last payment September 15 2015 (confirmed bank statement)
    • Status - Default
    • Debt Assigned to CAIS Member Start Date01/08/2016
    • Hoist 1 (credit file) (started out hph2)
    • No cca/sar request Sent
    • Barclaycard kept hold of debt for a few months after the default date before selling to hoist.
    • Can't find the original default notice

Feb 2017 letter from bcard saying their debt has been assigned to hph2

Sept 2017 letter from bcard stating they have charged me too much interest during a promotional period to which they have refunded x amount to hoist

Sept 2020 Letter from bcard advising me that are refunding x amount to hoist due to Default fees adversely affecting me.

I have just received the standard letters and messages from hoist which range from pay what owe to discount letters.

After reading through everybody else's diary I thought I would share mine, my plan of action is to do nothing until hoist threatens court action.

2022 update

Getting the odd phone call and the odd letter saying we pay you to pay which I have read and placed in my file.

I am quite shocked how they have treated this debt, I had another debt with them which is now SB, but within the first few months they threatened me with Howard Cohen's solicitors, but sent off a CCA request and never heard anything and the amount was for a lot less than this debt, so I sort of expected them to chase this debt harder but the finishing line is in sight.

May update

Just the usual you still have a discount available of over 50% please contact us. Which i have filed due to it being less then the 100% discount i would like.

June 2022 update

The default has dropped off my credit file and come the end if the month it will be 6 years and one month.

July 2022

Well it has be over 6 year and 1 month, no phone calls nothing, so touch wood it is all done with

Must confess, before i found this forum I had days of worry about this debt, then you read about other people experience and you realise your not alone. So I'd like to thank everybody on this forum for sharing and for all the people who have taken the time to answer my questions no matter how stupid they are. So thank you again.
    Last edited by Mrreese6018; 1 July 2022, 13:58.

Hi

Just a couple of initial enquiries:-

You say last payment September 15 - just for clarity, is that 2015?
    Do you have statements to show that Hoist actually credited those refunds to your account?

Comment

Yes the last payment was Sept 2015, Hoist have never sent me any account statements or anything to say my balance has been reduced.

I know it has been credited from the information on my credit file the balance has been reduced.

I'm just quite shocked at how little hoist have done in regards to threats etc.

Comment

Hi, wel if they are doing very little then don't stress to do anything yourself.
        keep the refund letters safeand if poss a screen shot of your entry on the credit file, then just wait till Hoist contact you and see what the balance owing is.
        they will be in touch soon as SB is looming
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well hope everybody had a good Xmas and New year.

just a quick question around default dates , I was looking into this debt and when my last payment was made vs the default date. My question is how long should a company leave it before they issue default notice. My default notice was issued 8 months after my last payment. Is this correct or could I challenge this.

Comment

Hi

In the final stretch to SB I wouldn't be making waves. I would just exercise a bit more patience. Further, you don't want to be inadvertently acknowledging the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrreese6018 View Post
              Well hope everybody had a good Xmas and New year.

just a quick question around default dates , I was looking into this debt and when my last payment was made vs the default date. My question is how long should a company leave it before they issue default notice. My default notice was issued 8 months after my last payment. Is this correct or could I challenge this.
              I agree with Still Waving Patience!

I personally think its better to err on the side of caution here!
              I would take the default notice (not the date of the notice but the latest date to correct!! within that Notice ) plus one month as the Statute Bar Date
              If you rock the boat over the issuing of the default notice you would most like be admitting the debt! Thus adding a further six years!!

Comment

Thanks, Im probably just trying to overthink things along with worrying about it more than I should.

I was just looking at credit report and has noticed that the debt started at hoist 1 , hoist 2 (I know them two have ceased trading) now it is with HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS 1 LIMITED(fca licenced?) I am just worried that I can expect some action from them at some point.

I think I use my diary as a sounding board so if I'm thinking about anything that is worrying me then I put it on here and let people who are a lot smarter than me have a read.

So thank you to everybody who spends a few moments to read my ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by Mrreese6018 View Post
                  Thanks, Im probably just trying to overthink things along with worrying about it more than I should.

I was just looking at credit report and has noticed that the debt started at hoist 1 , hoist 2 (I know them two have ceased trading) now it is with HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS 1 LIMITED(fca licenced?) I am just worried that I can expect some action from them at some point.

I think I use my diary as a sounding board so if I'm thinking about anything that is worrying me then I put it on here and let people who are a lot smarter than me have a read.

So thank you to everybody who spends a few moments to read my ramblings
                  The plan is to stay at the bottom of their to do list!
                  If you engage them, as others do, you stay at the top of their working list!

Softly softly sit on your hands.
                  Make notes for yourself with dates! Good Diaries make for Good Decisions!
                  You can see a Chain of Hoist Names can't you! Well chains have links and sometimes these links are suspect!
                  Watch and Silence!

Comment

So I have just signed up to a free trial of experian credit report and is it normal for my 2 defaults to be registered as 4 defaults. the original company have placed one on my account and hoist have placed one on aswell both the same date. Is this normal?

Comment

Hi, have they just gone on?
                      sometimes there is a delay in the original being taken off depending on when they report to the Credit agencys.

You can complain to experian, stating it is reporting incorrect information.
                      Or to the original owner, that as they no longer own the debt it should have been removed.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                        Hi, have they just gone on?
                        sometimes there is a delay in the original being taken off depending on when they report to the credit agencies.

You can complain to Experian, stating it is reporting incorrect information.
                        Or to the original owner, that as they no longer own the debt it should have been removed.
                        They only show on Experian like that, they are both scheduled to go off my report at the same time,

Comment

What is the date they will come off?
                          if not for a while then get experian to remove one of them, they can't both report the same debt.
                          if they have been sold on the original owner of the debt should say if they or the new owner will be reporting it.
                          mine stayed on as the original, the buyers never changed it,

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                            What is the date they will come off?
                            if not for a while then get Experian to remove one of them, they can't both report the same debt.
                            if they have been sold on the original owner of the debt should say if they or the new owner will be reporting it.
                            mine stayed on as the original, the buyers never changed it,
                            they don't have very long to run so it is probably not worth me breaking radio silence, come august I should have a clean credit file (couldn't of done it without the reassurance of this site)

Comment

If just a short time then maybe leave it alone.
                              but it is naughty that they both reported it.

Comment

Working...
                              X