GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debrag View Post

I'd want them to default though right? Otherwise it will stay on my file for many years
    What I said was "if it comes to the crunch" - ie if the situation arises where one of the creditors has issued a Letter Before Action and you don't have a good defence, then you could seek to make an arrangement to pay by small instalments, pointing out that you have other creditors too. That would prevent it getting to court and a possible CCJ (the protocols expect both parties to try to reach an agreement rather than proceed to court). In my view that would be a better proposition than giving away lump sums in a F&F

I was not saying continue with the small payments now. Yes what you want is for the accounts to be defaulted and terminated (and subsequently sold on).

You say a CCJ could come at any time even years down the line. Most CCJ's are obtained by default because the alleged debtor ignores letters from creditors and buries their head in the sand. As Roger says that is where a strategy and plan are important.

Comment

Debt 13 Trugym

Opened: August 2012
      Current balance: 86
      Last payment: None as was set up for Credit Resource Solution by mistake, Credit Resolution Services don't have a function to set up payment online, I won't be paying them then.
      Last full payment: March 2013
      Arrangement: Nothing
      Owner: Credit Resolution Services, account being sent back to Trugym

January - Email from Zinc "we have been instructed by our client to assist you with the resolution of your account."
      March - Missed payment
      April - Missed payment
      June - balance update by email - £162
      July - Settlement offer email - £114.33
      July - Payment reminder email x 2

September - Arrears email, balance now £52.44
      September - Settlement offer via email £39.33
      September - email regarding settlement offer
      October - Missed payment email, appear I was paying till May 2015
      October - Payment reminder, £2.44
      November - Trying to make contact email x 2, balance now £50, did I pay the £2.44??
      December - We have not received a response email x 3

January - We have not received a response email x 3
      Contact from CRS

June - Letter received stating account sent back to CRS

email received:

Thank you for your email.

I would first like to explain that The Zinc Group are a third party organisation working under the instruction of our clients to assist their customers.

The Zinc Group are provided limited data and are considered only to be processors, however Credit Resolution Services (CRS) remain the controllers of the data associated with your account.

In light of this, CRS have requested that you contact them directly should you wish to submit a Data Subject Access Request. You can contact them, stating the reason for your DSAR, including your account details at subjectaccessrequest@harlandsgroup.co.uk

I can confirm your account was returned to our client in March 2016. As The Zinc Group are no longer the managing agents of your account, you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter.
      So CRS (Credit Resolution Services) are in house agents for Harlands? Funny how Zinc are saying that they returned the account to their clients in 2016 but I got a letter June 2018 saying that they 'have now' returned it!

Jan 2016 was my last contact with, then Dec 2016 I first heard from CRS 'please call us...' I then got the 'URGENT - PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER' letter Jan 2018. I then get a letter as I am disputing payments made (turns out I paid Credit Resource Solutions, not Credit Resolution Services, who have my Lending Stream account) saying they currently don't have online facilities to set up payments + No arrangement has been made regarding this debt due to TruGym . I'm hoping that this is a good thing and my last payment was 2016 some time (not good for the LS debt though).
      Last edited by debrag; 24 July 2018, 11:37.

Comment

Well it says "..you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter. .." Take them at their word and await whom, or whoever next surfaces. I would place this as low priority. As there seems to be no immediate threat I wouldn't ask for a SAR. Just Silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Well it says "..you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter. .." Take them at their word and await whom, or whoever next surfaces. I would place this as low priority. As there seems to be no immediate threat I wouldn't ask for a SAR. Just Silence.
          Yep no contact from me would a CCA request be the way to go when/if I ever hear from them?

Comment

Yep no contact from me would a CCA request be the way to go when/if I ever hear from them?
            It's £86 I wouldn't raise a CCA in fact I would do nothing until or unless it became threatening. .

Comment

Is this a CCA regulated debt?

I wonder if this is the same zinc group who I came across briefly a few years back - if memory serves me they had offices in Stratford upon Avon and Glasgow. They were not terribly professional and I think at the time there was some question over their OFT licence ( it was that long ago).

I am not sure where you get the part about CRS being inhouse debt collectors for harlands. I have found a post on another forum that says they are but the owners of CRS are mark and Julie Calvert. Unless of course I am looking at the wrong companies
              It looks as if harlands are a company who manage subscriptions and are ultimately owned by two people with the same surname from Auckland NZ (Murray and Robyn Bolton who are both in their mid to late 60's)

From their email I would think Zinc have not improved their expertise (or lack) and that the data controller is indeed Harlands

I would tend to leave well alone

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                  Is this a CCA regulated debt?

I wonder if this is the same zinc group who I came across briefly a few years back - if memory serves me they had offices in Stratford upon Avon and Glasgow. They were not terribly professional and I think at the time there was some question over their OFT licence ( it was that long ago).

I am not sure where you get the part about CRS being inhouse debt collectors for harlands. I have found a post on another forum that says they are but the owners of CRS are mark and Julie Calvert. Unless of course I am looking at the wrong companies
                  It looks as if harlands are a company who manage subscriptions and are ultimately owned by two people with the same surname from Auckland NZ (Murray and Robyn Bolton who are both in their mid to late 60's)

From their email I would think Zinc have not improved their expertise (or lack) and that the data controller is indeed Harlands

I would tend to leave well alone
                  There is Credit Resolution Services & Credit Resource Solutions and I get confused who is who and who is dealing with who. An email from Credit Resolution Services stated 'CRS is a trading style of Harlands Services Ltd' not sure what that means.

Comment

Just found this on companies house:

Company status: Dissolved Dissolved on: 9 October 2012 Company type: Private limited Company Incorporated on: 20 May 2005
                    Incorporated on 25 October 1994 as Harlands.

IS that just saying they are now part of Harlands as their email small print suggest?

Comment

FCA
                      Harlands Services Ltd two entries
                      1/ Payment services Firm
                      2/ Lapsed for Consumer Credit and Debt Collecting

Trading names : Credit Resolution Services,Harlands,I C S,H S L,Instalment Collection Services,C R S,Harlands Services

Small wonder you are confused its smoke and mirrors.

Comment

There is Credit Resolution Services & Credit Resource Solutions and I get confused who is who and who is dealing with who. An email from Credit Resolution Services stated 'CRS is a trading style of Harlands Services Ltd' not sure what that means.
                        Looks like I git the two mixed up - It is almost as if they want to confuse people.

I do stand by what i said about is the debt CCA regulated and about the professionalism of the Zinc Group - I got rid of them quite quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

Looks like I git the two mixed up - It is almost as if they want to confuse people.

I do stand by what i said about is the debt CCA regulated and about the professionalism of the Zinc Group - I got rid of them quite quickly
                          This debt is a gym so not sure the route to take other than ignore.

Comment

Debt 14 Lending Stream

In dispute, LS claim balance is still 134

Deleted emails
                            Confused this debt with one above
                            CRS sent back to LS

Possibly SB March 2019
                            SAR request sent
                            So who do I contact about payments still going out my bank account for £1.49 each month? Credit Resource Solutions claim the last payment was April 2018 and that they are no longer dealing with this case. I seem to be getting no where with them. Does anyone have a template I can use to send to both them and the bank?

Comment

Just call your bank and cancel the payment, can do it yourself via online/app banking with some banks.
                              Once you’ve cancelled it at bank then you’ll probably get a letter from CRS confirming payment ceased.

Comment

As you now know Credit Resource Solutions is smoke and mirrors and they are giving you the run around!
                                If you Bank won't cancel this Direct Debt. Open a current account at another bank and then close or empty this account!
                                As for any letters you receive file away and date the envelope.
                                Get into the habit of filing and dating letters from your creditors. Good filing and a fleshed out Diary will enable the MODS to give good advice.

Comment

Working...
                                X