GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Got myself in a mess and need help asap - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got myself in a mess and need help asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself in a mess and need help asap

Current Debts:

Halifax overdraft: £5000 - Increased from zero to £5000 over the space of a couple of months a lot of which was gambling and they were also aware my credit card was almost maxed at the time.
    Halifax credit card £6500 - The first card i started using after buying a house in 2016

Capital One Credit Card - £2500 - Allowed me to spend the entire limit on betfair.com in less than an hour at 5am.

Barclay card 1 - £6500 - First card taken out in around 2011 and was paid off until i bought the house in 2011
    Barclay Card 2 - 7000 - this card was taken out shortly after buying the house in 2016 to do a balance transfer of debts and withdrew £2000 in cash direct to my bank account as a result of an offer they sent me. this card was a 0% card.

Aqau - £500 - Frozen and paying minimum amount a month

118118 Loan - £1500 - Not been paid and have disputed this was irresponsible lending given all my other debts at the time I took the loan out - They wiped the interest and removed the loan from my credit file but are still chasing for the loan amount back.

RateSetter - £7500 - paid for the last 2 years but have only cleared the interest the loan amount of £7500 is still outstanding, have disputed that it was irresponsible lending due to the level of debt I was in when taking out the loan but they were not interested.

So over the last 12/18 months I've been very stupid and developed a very bad gambling habit which has got me in to an awful lot of debt.

Can anyone give me some help and advice of what I can do to help get some of this cleared and defaults removed.

Many thanks in advance.

Anyone able to give me any advice at all????

Comment

Diana MayhewThe Tech Clerk

​​​​​​​I have tagged a couple of people in who may be able to help.

Comment

suggest to start a diary for each one it will be easier for people to see and advise on each issue without trying to connect answers to a mass of different debts, this situation is going to be difficult but I am sure there is a person on here with experience of say Irresponsible lending etc sure others will respond also, Diana Mayhew might be able to assist here thru her knowledge
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by INDEBTNEEDHELP View Post
          Anyone able to give me any advice at all????

Hello

I’ll take a look at your situation over the weekend

Di

Comment

Working...
          X