GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlin/MBNA CCJ and CO - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin/MBNA CCJ and CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin/MBNA CCJ and CO

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
    I really do not know why they keep going on about youe episode with Harrods etc lol, be honest if it were us I bet we would initally panick, me especially.
    If I were a creditor such as M&S (underwritten by HSBC) with 2.5 million potentially UE agreements/accounts I would panic too

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      If I were a creditor such as M&S (underwritten by HSBC) with 2.5 million potentially UE agreements/accounts I would panic too

Too right there, good point.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I view a lot of this as being about arrogance (on behalf of creditors) vs. reality (the law). The law always wins. Paul makes sure of that

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I view a lot of this as being about arrogance (on behalf of creditors) vs. reality (the law). The law always wins. Paul makes sure of that

Agree, just takes a long time to fruitation.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

PlanB

Will be watching with interest. (not stalking lol)

I think I have a Debenhams storecard that became a creditcard.

The details are a bit sketchy thats why I use think and my plan doesnt allow me to upset the DCA quite just yet.

And at the end of the day the idea for me is to escape the yoke of debt.

Suffice to say the OC is under SAR at this very time with a specific request for both the Storecard and CreditCard agreement.

I have two account numbers. One relates to the Creditcard which I know it defo was as I still have the card hidden away.

The other account number relates to a scap of a letter from the OC from the dark dim distant past.

When as one poster so nicely put (could even be you) the ducks are all in line it will be time to ask the DCA if they would like to carry on bullying lol.

Comment

Arrogant creditors.

Yep which makes any success even more sweet as they honestly think they are gonna win everytime.

My journey started only 3 months ago but I cannot believe how institutions like banks, DCA's and others in the industry lie, cheat, ignore correspondence and generally dont give two monkeys about the consumer. I am truely shocked at this level of ***** off consumer you arent worth our time.

All the rules and charters regulators and guides dont seem to stop this morally corrupt industry. (For those with knowledge you can fight. Sadly most people dont and this industry eats then alive)

If they spent some time and effort and yes wonga then they wouldnt be in the mess they are now. Treat the consumer fairly and in general they will come back for more of your product.

Banking only need one institution to have guts to put the customer first and we would flood to them in droves. Sad thing is you know any new entrant would be as bad as the rest.

In the meantime guys like you can make a difference. Glad I found this site.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                Plan B

Thanks for your kind words and link.

Forgive me for these silly questions but are you saying there are actually two documents?

And I am likely to have the NOA which just said basically new owners and carry on. Is the DOA something us mere mortals ever get to see? Is this where you think the problem is arising as they need to go to court to transfer the CCJ/CO but cause the debt is quite small court action to secure it in their name isnt really worthwhile? Especially if I am paying and have been for 3 years.

So if they let the mere mortal believe its all the same then mere mortal doesnt twig the CCJ/CO belongs to a company you owe nothing too?

I have CRA reports showing that I owe the OC £0 and the account is marked as settled.

I came on here oblivious and thinking things were getting sorted lol.

Now I think maybe things are just about to start getting interesting.
                Paul will be along to comment, but basically the debt, along with the OC's entitlement, security and responsibility migrate with that debt.

They won't let you see the DOA, unless there is a sound legal reason to do so. But the assignment needs to be legal, so NOA and agreement off to Niddy!

With respect to still paying Optima, I suspect that to change things would mean a trip back to court, so more costs for them. Just as easy for the new owner to be represented by Optima, then your payments go to them rather than MBNA.

Comment

Vint1954

Thanks again this is starting to make more sense to me.

Have pulled out the CCJ and you are correct payments are to go to Optima with the claimaint being MBNA. As this is an official court document they would need a court to vary it. Which no doubt costs.

Looked at the NOA and letter of termination and sale.

OC say they have terminated and sold the account. Furthermore they have transferred ownership together with the rights of collection to the DCA.

However the DCA has said they have been assigned all rights title interest and benifit.

Further down they boldly state they are entitled to all sums under the account and the benifit of any actions taken by or on behalf of the OC.

Is it just me or are these statements subtly different but to the lay person sufficient to give the impression everything transferred?

There is no rush for an answer as I am in information collection mode at present.

I have come late to UE and I am on with my journey already. There are things that need to happen first. These will have a big impact on my life and the yoke of debt. That said I can see UE will be of use to me.

Comment

FP

I can see lots of reading coming up but knowledge is a good thing.

I have read the thread on anniversaries and others that could be of interest to myself.

The storecard to creditcard was something I was already tracking and aware of before joining.

Its come as a very pleasant surprise to find the very people involved frequent this forum. The funny thing is its the same company who lost aswell.

But for other reasons I wont be tackling this till the new year. But while I am paying a small amount to shut them up and keep them blissfully unaware thinking they have a cowed and compliant debtor I will be loading the gun silently.

The information Niddy needs I dont have yet. But I will in time.

What I do find so heartening is peoples attitude towards me. Its something very special. I have never felt put down or judged even on questions some of you probably knew a very long time ago.

I know I will be asking many questions on here but they are for one thing alone. Not for anyone to fight my battles but to allow the field to become level.

Comment

Are you certain you've got a CO on your house because in your membership profile you say you are not a *homeowner*

I look forward to you starting your UE Diary so I can see what's up with your Debenham's storecard

Comment

Ken

Do me a favour please and pm *what your plan is* as although the secrecy is fine, it may be wildly gross (ie wrong) hence I'd just like to know what it is you're planning. I'm pretty clued up at this mallarkey and quite trustworthy in the sense of respecting your privacy but still.....

Also, planB's comment above - could you actually email me a copy of your final charging order from the court?

Thanks

email - agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for your message....
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thread restored.

* this post will be deleted later

Comment

Working...
                            X