GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Looking for advice? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice?

I recall something a few days ago but I cant find it now. When you send a SAR how long does the recipient have to respond to send notification its been recieved?
    7 days seems to stick in my mind. I know the clock starts to tick when the identity criteria has been proven. I already have one complaint lined up where a request of identity was not asked for. all my other requests apart from the one sent to Somerset South and Taunton council sent a noticifation of reciept within a few days of Reciept. SW&T have had the origanal request sent 7 days after the first and that went recorded delivery and as yet (6 days) later no reciept. So any help appreciated as I need to know that the clock is ticking. I suspect the data was passed to a third party that is criminally attempting to delay

Regards to all Handy

30 days = recorded delivery bad royal mail, you have proof posting therefore time clock started.

Taunton Deane = Flook House?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers for that. I thought I had seen something that said they must send a notification of reciept. I was actually looking to make an early complaint. Thats good though as I can prove the Finance Officer 151 has recieved a copy of the request along with other documents. I intened to make him work for his 80K+ per year.

Comment

What to do if the organisation does not respond or you ... - ICO
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman Mk2 View Post
          Cheers for that. I thought I had seen something that said they must send a notification of receipt. I was actually looking to make an early complaint. Thats good though as I can prove the Finance Officer 151 has received a copy of the request along with other documents. I intended to make him work for his 80K+ per year.
          try and calm down, and take a look at real situation, Diary needed here,

we have not got time to hear information not relevant i.e. salaries etc, clear and concise approach please.

Comment

OK I'm as calm as it ever gets. I will post a timeline (Diary) on my other thread shortly. After years away from this game, I have recently become aware of how much worse its become, especially now. The number of companies working in the grey areas of the law and making profit from peoples fear and ignorance. Fortunatly there are more avenues open to pursue a just resolution.
            Regards, Handy

Comment

Depending on why you're complaining, you can also utilise Freedom of Info - if that may help get generic results for similar complaints etc - hard to properly advise as your post is so vague...

https://www.gov.uk/make-a-freedom-of...mation-request
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy, long time since we chatted last.
                What I have is a council that back in 2007 installed a 40M computer system that didn't work They never kept proper records. The council tax department was and still is in disarray. They only got out of the contract with IBM in 2017. In 2020 they formed a unitary council with Somerset West. The FOI's I recieved back today state that they dont hold records before that time. Yet they can tell me that Jacobs Bailiffs in association with Dukes Bailff's Ltd, who were contracted on 01/02/2020 and have to 31/10/22 recovered 1,056,472.28

Yet the bailiffs on behalf of tthe council continue to send out enforcement notices dating from 2011.
                The council has yet to acknowledge that any SAR's have been recieved.
                They havent broken any rules yet, but a few things are not in line with the ICO's guidelines. No proof but I suspect that they are passing information to the bailiff's in contravention of GDPR.

If it helps and yes I'm going to start a diary, I will post up copies of the responses recieved to date.

Regards, Handy.

Comment

Working...
                X