GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Non compliance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non compliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non compliance

We sent a subject access request recently to our freeholder. The 1 month is up in a week. I fully expect no response so what is my next move and how long should I leave it.

I did specify by post but said I would accept email as a temporary measure until they could get it in the post. It potentially has something in there that could cost them £15,000

nothing can be done at the moment, It could be they cannot access the files at the moment so you may have to wait a bit longer.
    that also gives us time to look at where you go next
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So it is now a full calendar month since the data request was made and not even had an acknowledgement. Any thoughts with what the next move is?

Unfortunately it was sent from my Yahoo email address and Yahoo do not give the read receipt or delivery receipt option. I was thinking to resend it from my work account via outlook asking for a receipt with saying something along the lines of

In April I sent you a subject Access request and have yet to receive a reply. I understand from the Information Commissioners Office you have one calendar month to respond. I have attached a copy of my original request and await your reply.
      Any thoughts please?

Comment

allow a week or so due to situation failure of which on line complaint to ICO
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well you couldn't make it up.

I sent a follow up email and they replied saying they hadn't received my original request

Then they sent a few letters which did not include recent letter they had sent to me so I gave them a nudge, they deny having anything else. I have also found emails with meta data that says who wrote them- guess who?

Then to add to it all, they told one of my neighbours I had emailed them asking some questions - of course they denied it and said no data went outside of the office.

Finally I have a copy of names of all the people in the block with records of what they had paid in service charges so I would have thought a huge breach of data protection.

Comment

Data protection: Make a complaint - GOV.UK might be useful for info?:-

www.gov.uk › ... › Your rights and the law

Comment

Working...
            X