GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PAYPAL changes to agreement with FOS complaint from 1st December 2022. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAYPAL changes to agreement with FOS complaint from 1st December 2022.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAYPAL changes to agreement with FOS complaint from 1st December 2022.

Important notice to all UK customers

As part of PayPal’s continued efforts to manage some necessary changes arising from the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union, we will be withdrawing from the UK Financial Ombudsman Service’s (FOS) Voluntary Jurisdiction on 1st December 2022. Due to changes to UK rules, since 1st January 2021, we have been, and continue to be, subject to the Compulsory Jurisdiction of the FOS and complaints about acts or omissions occurring on or after this date can be referred to the FOS under the Compulsory Jurisdiction. Our withdrawal from the Voluntary Jurisdiction will not affect any rights you may have to refer a complaint to the FOS under the Compulsory Jurisdiction.
    If you have a complaint about an event that occurred before 1st January 2021 and you have not yet submitted that complaint to PayPal, you should contact us as soon as possible. You can contact us by clicking Contact Us at the bottom of any Help page.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

I got this yesterday, so what was the voluntary aspect? If we can still complain to FOS then what else is there that I don’t know about?

Comment

still complain to FOS (have to as able to operate in the UK) but seems certain findings they can opt out of, sure more info will follow from people over the next week or so,.

PayPal is being brought into the FOS scope properly? They used to always be an optional member that agreed to the oversight by choice???????
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 August 2022, 14:28.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X