GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clearing my name - CIFAS & NATIONAL HUNTER - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clearing my name - CIFAS & NATIONAL HUNTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing my name - CIFAS & NATIONAL HUNTER

Hi, looking for some info and advice if possible please!

To cut a long story short, I recently had a CIFAS marker removed from my name after a long battle with Halifax over an error on their side.
    After all this I had no idea about national hunter or any other data holding companies.

My question is do I need to get any data removed from national hunter or is this removed automatically after the CIFAS marker has been removed. Do I need to worry about national hunter or any others?

I understand how CIFAS works but not the others.

Thank you for any input and info

Originally posted by Cheerybob View Post
    I recently had a CIFAS marker removed from my name after a long battle with Halifax over an error on their side.

. . . do I need to get any data removed from national hunter or is this removed automatically after the CIFAS marker has been removed. Do I need to worry about national hunter or any others?

National Hunter is like a library holding information provided by various sources including Halifax and CIFAS. They won't and don't remove information unless asked to do that by the information provider. From what you've said so far that would be Halifax.

So I suggest you ask Halifax to inform National Hunter. If Halifax has already done that then you can raise a Complaint with Hunter and here's how to do that > https://www.nhunter.co.uk/complaintspolicy/

Are you able to say what caused the CIFAS marker in the first place? And as a result of that marker have you been unable to obtain credit, refused mobile phone contract etc or suffered any other negative consequences caused by Halifax's error since you say you had a long battle to clear your name?

Di

Comment

Hi Di

Halifax claimed I used false documents for a mortgage application and then placed the CIFAS marker on my name. It meant I couldn’t get a mortgage and had to struggle to do so on my partners name alone. From there on I haven’t applied for any type of other credit yet...

Comment

Hi Di

Halifax claimed I used false documents for a mortgage application and then placed the CIFAS marker on my name. It meant I couldn’t get a mortgage and had to struggle to do so on my partners name alone. From there on I haven’t applied for any type of other credit yet...

Was your mortgage application direct with the Halifax or did you use a broker or intermediary?

Is the mortgage product which was eventually obtained in your wife's name at a better or worse interest rate, or with higher associated fees etc?

Has Halifax admitted it was their error in writing and/or offered you any compensation for their error?

How long ago was this?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Has Halifax admitted it was their error in writing and/or offered you any compensation for their error?

How long ago was this?

Di
          halifax never admitted it. I had to go through the financial ombudsman to get the result.

I just needed to gather information on knowing what else I need to do to clear all this from my name. I have now done a national hunter data request to see what it says...

Comment

halifax never admitted it. I had to go through the financial ombudsman to get the result.

I just needed to gather information on knowing what else I need to do to clear all this from my name. I have now done a national hunter data request to see what it says...

In which case you have evidence from the FOS that Halifax made an error. Did the FOS tell Halifax to pay you compensation when they upheld your Complaint?

There is no quick fix for these sort of things, it all depends on the factual evidence you gather and also assessing whether you have suffered a loss from any damage done.

I think you should send a SAR to both Halifax and CIFAS as well as National Hunter.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

In which case you have evidence from the FOS that Halifax made an error. Did the FOS tell Halifax to pay you compensation when they upheld your Complaint?

There is no quick fix for these sort of things, it all depends on the factual evidence you gather and also assessing whether you have suffered a loss from any damage done.

I think you should send a SAR to both Halifax and CIFAS as well as National Hunter.

Di
              Yes I received compensation from Halifax. The SAR to CIFAS came back and the marker had been removed. I have now submitted a SAR to national hunter to see the results.

basically I want to know or prepare myself to be able to apply for a mortgage again within the next year now that the CIFAS marker has gone or do all records need to be clear (national hunter) or if there any others?

many thanks

Comment

Working...
              X