GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cifas mark. Mistake and is there any hope? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cifas mark. Mistake and is there any hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cifas mark. Mistake and is there any hope?

Hi Community,

I will keep this as short as possible and I don’t expect help as my own ignorance and stupidity put me in this situation but I hope there may be somebody who is willing to answer my questions or even help me.

Long story short:

I opened my basic account with Lloyds in February 2014 and I was a normal daily user of it until July 2015 when at wrong work I meet wrong people who offered me quick and easy money income. Aware by them that only consequence will be that my bank will close my account and that’s it and agree for it. I received one payment of 1.5k which I withdraw and soon after second but Lloyds realized what is going on and obviously blocked my account. I was told by Lloyds fraud department that I will be not able to open any account with RBS. During the last 3 years, I tried opening accounts with Nation Wide, HSBC, and Barclays but unsuccessfully. Luckily I was able to open an ‘account’ with CashPlus that I thank God every day for and I was even able to sign for credit builder.

I really regret what I got involved in and I understand the consequences of it and after that my history stays clear and I’m much more aware of scams/frauds in daily life. Easy to say but we all do mistakes.

I have two questions and if somebody can answer or help me I will be really grateful.

Is there any chance or way that CIFAS or Lloyds can take that mark from me if I will send an official letter to one of them with the explanation that will say big sorry? I never commit any other crime and I’m a normal working person with good income with many direct debits paid on time in the last few years. I have a tiny hope that there is a good heart person in that huge financial machine that maybe by looking at my case and can say “Ok this guy made a mistake let’s give him a chance”?

If there is no hope for that which of course I will understand. What is the time that I need to wait for mark to be gone from my history as some people say 5 years some 6 and other 7?

Thank you for any sort of advice,
    Mario

Originally posted by Mario View Post
    Hi Community,

I will keep this as short as possible and I don’t expect help as my own ignorance and stupidity put me in this situation but I hope there may be somebody who is willing to answer my questions or even help me.

Long story short:

I opened my basic account with Lloyds in February 2014 and I was a normal daily user of it until July 2015 when at wrong work I meet wrong people who offered me quick and easy money income. Aware by them that only consequence will be that my bank will close my account and that’s it and agree for it. I received one payment of 1.5k which I withdraw and soon after second but Lloyds realized what is going on and obviously blocked my account. I was told by Lloyds fraud department that I will be not able to open any account with RBS. During the last 3 years, I tried opening accounts with Nation Wide, HSBC, and Barclays but unsuccessfully. Luckily I was able to open an ‘account’ with CashPlus that I thank God every day for and I was even able to sign for credit builder.

I really regret what I got involved in and I understand the consequences of it and after that my history stays clear and I’m much more aware of scams/frauds in daily life. Easy to say but we all do mistakes.

I have two questions and if somebody can answer or help me I will be really grateful.

Is there any chance or way that CIFAS or Lloyds can take that mark from me if I will send an official letter to one of them with the explanation that will say big sorry? I never commit any other crime and I’m a normal working person with good income with many direct debits paid on time in the last few years. I have a tiny hope that there is a good heart person in that huge financial machine that maybe by looking at my case and can say “Ok this guy made a mistake let’s give him a chance”?

If there is no hope for that which of course I will understand. What is the time that I need to wait for mark to be gone from my history as some people say 5 years some 6 and other 7?

Thank you for any sort of advice,
    Mario
    Hi Mario, This is a topic that has been discussed many times before on AAD, while you are waiting for someone to respond to your post, If you type ‘CIFA’s’ into the search bar on the main page it will bring up previous postings on the subject, you may be able to glean some advice on the subject from others who have been in a similar situation. I am sure someone will be along (probably at a less unsociable hour!) to respond to your post.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Can we please delete that topic?

Please consider that not all people are working 8-5 and for me, 5.28 is an unsociable hour!

Regards,
      Mario

Comment

Working...
      X