GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How to remove a marker for fraud by a bank - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove a marker for fraud by a bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove a marker for fraud by a bank

Hi, sorry for the long post
    But if anyone could help I would be honestly so grateful.
    The card for a current account that I had with HSBC was stolen around October of last year, an account that I would rarely use unless my grandfather who is my primary carer had put money into it which he would do on the first of every month. I didn't report the card stolen because I hadn't realised it was missing due to the scarceness of its use, until I received a letter in the post from my bank saying a fraudulent cheque had been attempted to be paid into my account, not once but three times.

When I received the letter I went straight into the bank to enquire about what was going on at which I was advised by a staff member to cancel my old card and report it as stolen. After this I received a call from the bank saying that my account was under investigation and that they wanted me to tell them what had happened, which I did. After I told them what was going on they said that they would get back to me within a few days.

When the bank finally got into contact with me it was through a letter saying that they were closing down my account and that I had to remove all my funds within 30 days. Again I went back into my local branch and inquired about what was going on, the staff member I spoke to wasn't helpful at all and wouldn't tell me why my account had been closed down or how I could fix it.

I had just turned 18 at the time and I honestly had no idea what to do, so I left it. A few days later me and my grandfather tried to open a current account jointly with Nationwide because I needed one to work and for University, after which we were soon sent a letter stating that the account would be closed and that I would never be allowed to bank with them again. I phoned in to ask why the account I had opened had been closed, to which they told me that there was a marker on my name from my previous bank HSBC.

At this point I was beyond lost and had absolutely no idea what to do, however I did some research and came across the company CIFAS who I sent my identification to and a subject access form. However my passport which I provided as ID was a few week away from being out of date, so my SAF was rejected. For some time I left this whole issue because of my school mocks and A Level exams as well as needing to get my passport renewed.
    Now I am at this current point in time, having sent off another SAF to CIFAS with valid identification over 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back from them.
    What do I do?

Sounds very odd to me. If you provided a valid current (at the time) passport ID, what has the expiry date got to do with it? Their request form only stipulates valid.

Regarding your question, they have 40 days in which to respond to a subject access request.

Comment

Ahh ok thank you

Comment

Working...
      X