Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cifas 4

Hi

We recently applied for a mortgage because the bank could not verify income, (this is what the bank said). The salary has been paid into our accounts at all times for the provided payslips, there is only one issue which i am doubtful about and that is p60 matching with hmrc. After researching online why a income cannot be verified, the only reason i see is HMRC having incorrect figures. So most likely, i beleive the bank checked our p60's with hmrc and they said its 'not verified' because it may not have matched.

The bank did not ask us for any details, declined it straight away.

The broker initially said they can try another lender but would have to get a confirmation from there lender, after a day came back to me saying they can't act for me because Halifax is a big lender and if they have declined it, others will too. I am not worried about the mortgage anyway.

My only concern is the bank accounts i have, and if a CIFAS 4 marker is put will they close my bank accounts?

And will they put a cifas 4 marker without a letter from hmrc or something like that?

Thanks

if you are sure that the information you provided does not math HMRC, then you should also know why it is not matching. If genuinely expected not to match based on your accounts then you can take it to ombudsman. I had a good reason as I am self employed and my accountant filled the accounts certificate incorrectly though he thought he did correctly. It's down to how the document was understood and completed. It did not match HMRC and I have reasons to back my claim because I know they would very against HMRC and it's against personal details and not company details. So I went ahead and challenged and won.

you should be absolutely sure you can back your version as to why it would be different from HMRC figures. However if you are saying it's about P60 then I guess it's more about personal employment..so not sure why your P60 would be different from HMRC as your company might have given to you.

send me more drtails

Comment

Thanks for the response. It can be P60 (i am not sure) i am only assuming this because i do not have access to the accountant and the HMRC.

The payslips i sent were for the last 3 months and they tele with my bank statements.

The P60 i sent was for last year.

I have spoken to my company and they said it will get checked and i will be told what it is when the accountant responds.

I will go to any extent if need be, at the moment i do not even know if i have a marker. The only thing i know is that the bank said "income cannot be verified", but reading information on the internet about this makes me beleive that when the banks say income cannot be verified, they automatically label you as fraudster and put a Category 4 marker on your application which results in your bank accounts to be closed.

I am fully prepared to fight this, and not worried about anything except that if they close the bank accounts whilst i am defending myself gathering proof's n stuff how will i be able to pay council tax, bills etc.

Ofcourse when and if i have to do defend myself, i will get the letter from the accountant and my employment history record from HMRC which will prove it, and if there is a mistake or a problem the accountant and the company will justify it.

Comment

If you check on your credit file with noddle or clearscore, you can see if there is any CIFAS.

Comment

I am on noddle, they update monthly i guess, can't see any updates.
          I checked checkmyfile and equifax, nothing there.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
            If you check on your credit file with noddle or clearscore, you can see if there is any CIFAS.
            noddle updated my report today, nothing there. I also bought car insurance and a new phone contract, both done within 30 mins easily. Does it means i do not have a marker?

Comment

If it's not on your credit file, I guess not

Comment

Working...
              X