GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Agency Data retention 6 years far too long? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Agency Data retention 6 years far too long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Agency Data retention 6 years far too long?

Originally posted by brando69 View Post
    online application got turned down!
    who with?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Capitalone

Comment

Originally posted by brando69 View Post
        Capitalone
        If you feel brave try mbna or another prime lender that use Experian.

edit - was it an instant decline by crappy one after the ticks? If do that may suggest CIFAS/N HUNTER is present - so let me know what happened when you just applied.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeah..odd one, maybe I'm on their not very nice people list Nothing showing on my credit files regarding CIFAS etc Anyway may leave it a while, too many searches doesn't look good.

Metro Bank is a good one as they are a new entrant so nobody would be on their not very nice list. No problems opening a bank account with them, I'll probably ask them for a credit card over the next 6 months. Slowly slowly I guess, at least all the toxic stuff has disappeared into cyber space. This 6 year business is draconian about time we fell in line with the EU! Thanks NID keep up the good work

ps. yes a 60 second decision with a countdown clock, said they would write giving the usual crap within 7 days.

Comment

That isn't a decline. Did they actually say no or did you get the 7 day "we'll write to you" decision? If so it'll be at underwriting.

If it declined it'd say no there & then. That would suggest CIFAS - which doesn't go on your credit file all the time hence I mentioned it. Stop reading too much into what you think is best, as its probably wrong. The scores mean nothing and just cos data isn't showing doesn't mean you're clean, per se.

As I say, tell us more....

Metro use Equifax btw

Proof --> http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...new-metro-bank

As I say, stop believing everything you're reading from the CRA's mate.

Comment

Ok will wait for their letter and see what they have to say. No probs with Metro Bank did it in the branch and as you said they use Equifax for reporting but I didn't get any overdraft facility offered but just happy to have the current account for now.

laters

Comment

Working...
              X