GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Experian Marketing Services - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experian Marketing Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experian Marketing Services

Bit cheesed off
    we keep getting mail for Funeral plans, normaly just put it in the bin

However today hubby got one from Royal London, as I was about to recycle it I noticed this paragraph at the bottom of the letter;

How we got your details. We're sending you this letter because we got your details form Experian Marketing Services.
    Based on the information they provided, which includes your name, address and, in some instances, your date of birth, we belive our products may be of interest to you.

How long has the CRA's been selling our information for marketing, I don't remember saying they could pass information out for Marketing!!

Now know why we have been getting so much junk mail and, possably the reason for somany stupid cold calls,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

I've been having loads of these type of things since I turned 50. I don't know how I thought they got my details as I never read small print, just shred!!!!

Comment

Got something from Legal and General about Equity release with the same reference to Experian.

When did I give permision, as I have never used them?

Comment

Have you ever said yes to the 'we may share your details with carefully chosen partners' option on any application? This might account for it

Comment

experian is a data controler, we have no option but to let companys we buy/ bank/ ask for info, from share our credit worthyness with the CRA's.

I don't think this gives them the right to pass our data on as a " marketing company"

plus Hubby never never agrees on any application and gets me to double check he hasn't agreed ( some say tick to allow some say untick )
          any that say it Will be shared, he won't finish the app.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I can now get one of those nice funeral plans, if I want, courtesy of Experian Marketing Services. Straight in the bin - why bother to shred when I am on the Cloud/ether/a commercial list for sale to anybody?

The financial people state they may share details with Tom, Dick or Harry on the forms we have to sign for all sorts. It is a statement, it is not formed as an option nor as a question. The statement do not imply they can sell off our data to anyone. It has long been assumed that the statement they "may " pass the data to others, to authenticate the data provided on the form. The Experian Marketing service has authorised this set of "financial buddies" to use our name, address, date of birth and various other personal details. will they also sell on the data. Surely that is contrary to DPA and GDPR which has not been novated by me with Experian, and is not being used for the purpose provided by me.

That is like DVLA et al selling off our personal data as their "consultants" from Capita, Deloitte etc have advised them that there is a revenue stream, and some overpaid, amoral numpty with a bonus to win has decided that our personal details are on his computer system and so he can sell them, without reference to the premise upon which the data was provided. Authority, security and privacy is lost.

What next? The sale of our complete financial history to payday lenders so that they can ply us with their wares? What happens when they sell the info to our employers?

Will the NHS sell on our data so that we can be flooded with letters from Funeral Plans notifying us that we can book our funeral on a specific day?

Comment

Working...
            X