GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Late Payment Marker removal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late Payment Marker removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Late Payment Marker removal

Originally posted by caspar View Post
    Don't want to pursue this to the death, but having surfaced again, albeit sleepily, think about the following:

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrig...y-records.html

The Act itself states:
    The Data Controller of any organisation is ultimately responsible for the processing of any and all data by that organisation. If other people are involved in handling the data in any way whatsoever, it is the Data Controller's responsibility to ensure they are trained to do so correctly.

A CRA cannot "only pass the information on." By doing this they are without doubt processing your personal data. Of the eight enforceable fundamental prinicples of the Data Protection Act 1998:

No1 states personal data must be fairly and lawfully processed;
    No 4 states it must be accurate
    No 6 sates it must be processed in accordance with the data subject's rights.

Finally and this annoying proves us both right in my opinion, if you look on the ICO website it says that if you find incorrect information on your credit file you should complain to the lender and to the CRA. If this is what the ICO works by, then I think we have to agree we're all right.
    I think the info is accurate caspar however they are being unreasonable as to the circumstances. Probably some wee guy at customer service that basically didn't give a sh*t or try to help in any way whatsoever.

Gerry

Comment

I do enjoy nitpicking (as I think you're getting to know). However, I also like things to be right (which also you're hopefully getting to know!)

I'm not going to argue it any further as we'd go on all night. To be fair the ICO says go to the data controller of the lender first, then to the data controller of the CRA. In my opinion this means there is still some mileage in my argument otherwise the ICO would not suggest that.

However, as I said ages ago, we're talking theoretically anyway as in my post made at 14:19 I said I don't dispute that only the lender will remove it (if you're extremely fortunate).

I find the DPA a really interesting piece of legislation and find it hard to see why people try to use it in action quoting detail rather than the eight enforceable fundamental principles which are so clear.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post

I do enjoy nitpicking (as I think you're getting to know). However, I also like things to be right (which also you're hopefully getting to know!)

I'm not going to argue it any further as we'd go on all night. To be fair the ICO says go to the data controller of the lender first, then to the data controller of the CRA. In my opinion this means there is still some mileage in my argument otherwise the ICO would not suggest that.

However, as I said ages ago, we're talking theoretically anyway as in my post made at 14:19 I said I don't dispute that only the lender will remove it (if you're extremely fortunate).

I find the DPA a really interesting piece of legislation and find it hard to see why people try to use it in action quoting detail rather than the eight enforceable fundamental principles which are so clear.
        Your nitpicking with yourself good odds for winning, i would take that bet.

I agree with you 100%, thats what i told her to do....

Gerry x

Comment

I'll reply tomorrow lol but suffice to say you're still reading the dpa out of context. The data controller in your last quote refers to the actual companies (ie lenders) appointed data controller - this is an appointed person. Similarly, the cra's have the same. Lee Hancock takes this role with Experian.

It's not in the same context as the collective "controller" meaning the data owner (ie the bank/lender).....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            I'll reply tomorrow lol but suffice to say you're still reading the dpa out of context. The data controller in your last quote refers to the actual companies (ie lenders) appointed data controller - this is an appointed person. Similarly, the cra's have the same. Lee Hancock takes this role with Experian.

It's not in the same context as the collective "controller" meaning the data owner (ie the bank/lender).....
            Oh no its deja vu niddy caspar's got the ICO back onboard...

Comment

started something here aint I ;-)

Comment

Wizzy, nah it's just deviated to the actual inserts that make the dpa. It's good to have a debate and see differing points of view.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hey all

bit of a development, ICO replied and basically said that given the information I had proided they cannot take it forward, which is good cos I kinda felt guilty.

secondly I spoke to some guy in customer service and he passed it to the serious complaint department for them to look into, so hopefuly they will act on it.

Still not had a reply from JD Williams in relation to the letter pleading with them to remove it which was sent recorded last Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by wizzywig27 View Post
                    hey all

bit of a development, ICO replied and basically said that given the information I had proided they cannot take it forward, which is good cos I kinda felt guilty.

secondly I spoke to some guy in customer service and he passed it to the serious complaint department for them to look into, so hopefuly they will act on it.

Still not had a reply from JD Williams in relation to the letter pleading with them to remove it which was sent recorded last Monday!
                    any update matey?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      any update matey?
                      Well ICO said they can't help, but got a call from JD Williams today, my letter pleading with them worked, they going to remove the late payment marker - woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by wizzywig27 View Post
                        Well ICO said they can't help, but got a call from JD Williams today, my letter pleading with them worked, they going to remove the late payment marker - woohoo!
                        Nice one matey

Comment

Working...
                        X