GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CREDIT KARMA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CREDIT KARMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CREDIT KARMA

09/04/2021 = Just made a complaint to them stating under GDPR they have issued my credit report to my named spouse - the details recorded are not her information but only mine! will await response!

09/04/2021 =
    You mentioned that there is someone else’s details on your report. I’ve escalated this to the relevant team for their review and, as a precaution, we’ve locked your account.

In the meantime, you may want to check your credit report directly with TransUnion, who are the credit reference agency we use to display your report, to make sure the information they hold is accurate. You can apply for your statutory report here.

09/04/2021 = Responded :- I mentioned my report is showing in my spouses report!
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 9 April 2021, 15:03.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

09/04/2021 =Thanks for your email regarding information relating to someone else contained within your credit report. I can completely understand why this may have caused you some concern.

It seems as though your credit files have been merged - the main reason credit files become merged is as a result of the quality of the first piece of data supplied to TransUnion (both on you and the other person). We receive your credit file data from TransUnion, which we then turn into a credit report for you to view. When TransUnion first received data on you both it seems that their system could not differentiate between you – this happens more often with old data and public information records which don’t normally include your date of birth, one of the key things they use to differentiate you.

The system creates individuals based upon this initial data, and even though it can spot differences later on, it has to continue to accept certain tolerances (for example a lender may provide them with information with an incorrect name spelling or incorrect date of birth as a result of manual error). This is because they do not want to separate every slight variation onto a different report, as this would disadvantage a lot of customers who regularly experience anomalies in their name or address either from their own errors or those of lenders/Royal Mail/Councils etc.

This is a problem that TransUnion have done a great deal of work to resolve and it is now, thankfully, much rarer than it used to be, although it can still persist as not all data they receive contains a date of birth.

Now that we are aware there is information showing on your credit report that isn’t yours, we have locked your account. You will be unable to access your credit report through Credit Karma until the issue is resolved. Once TransUnion has confirmed to you the issue has been fixed, please let us know. We will check your credit report and unlock the account if the incorrect data has been removed.

It’s really simple for the files to be separated. All you need to do is log into the disputes portal on TransUnions website, access your credit report and raise a dispute against the entries you believe to be incorrect. This can be accessed via the following link https://www.transunionstatreport.co.uk/DisputesFAQ

Once you have raised the dispute, please email TransUnion on Consumer@transunion.co.uk and enter ‘FILE SEPARATION’ within the subject box and include your full name and date of birth. TransUnion will then look at this as a priority for you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if you want me to clarify anything.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

09/04/2021 = @ 5.06p.m. Formal Complaint made and file separation :- account now frozen until solved: any experience of possible outcomes of GDPR rules and personal information breach?

Comment

09/04/2021 - 17.07 hrs =
        Thank you for your email.

We are busier than normal with calls and emails at the moment, and it may take longer than normal for us to reply. We will get back to you as soon as we can and are replying to every email, but it could be at least 10 working days.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused while we get back to normal, and thank you for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          09/04/2021 - 17.07 hrs =
          Thank you for your email.

We are busier than normal with calls and emails at the moment, and it may take longer than normal for us to reply. We will get back to you as soon as we can and are replying to every email, but it could be at least 10 working days.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused while we get back to normal, and thank you for your patience.

Have you had a satisfactory response to your complaint yet?

If not you should refer it to the ICO tomorrow when Credit Karma's 8 weeks' period for resolving the issue expires.

An email saying they're "sorry for the inconvenience caused" while they get back to normal isn't good enough.

Di

Comment

Sorted now ?. Part my error and logging in

Comment

I have just given credit karma 7 days to respond before I escalate to the ICO

I sent a GDPR request in March from my account using my registered email address. They said security was their priority and wanted me to email a copy of my passport or Driving Licence and give my name, address, DOB and inside leg. I did this within 2 days (25th March) but sent a copy of my recently expired passport saying I wasn't happy with the security of email.

25th May (yes two months) they wrote back asking for ID so I caved and sent one side of my Driving Licence. Now they are saying it will be another 28 days . ICO next Tuesday
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 June 2021, 05:31.

Comment

ICO then
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 June 2021, 05:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                  I have just given credit karma 7 days to respond before I escalate to the ICO

I sent a GDPR request in March from my account using my registered email address. They said security was their priority

When I made a complaint to Credit Karma they tried to hide behind Transunion but I didn't agree with that.

My issue was that they (Credit Karma) outsourced complaint handling to a third party without my permission having given them my email address etc.

Credit Karma said the outsourced complaints people didn't have access to my Credit Karma file/financial details, which begged the question how could they possibly deal with my complaint!

I then copied my complaint to the Data Protection Officer at Transunion and the issue was resolved pronto.

Di

Comment

Bugger- it arrived by email today - not had chance to look at it yet

Comment

TRansunion just refer you to credit karma i found and will not comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        TRansunion just refer you to credit karma i found and will not comment

They both play pass the parcel when it comes to responsibility for any data breaches perhaps because Credit Karma is based in San Francisco/California so may have a 'detached' view to compliance > https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z3122941

Di

Comment

Working...
                        X