GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Experian & DVLA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experian & DVLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Experian & DVLA

Originally posted by thatnamestaken View Post
    Hmmmm,just as I suspected,and this confirms it....having kept my head down for 5.5 years,had my first dca letter to my current address this week....and the only thing I have put this address on is my car documents,just recently.Even the bank have not been informed as yet.....
    Don't worry cos we can blag them for the last 6 months, little things such as sending "prove it" replies etc - by the time they actually respond, they'd be statute barred - for a laugh, see my CrapQuest case and you'll see that happened - they wasted 4 months fighting me over my calling them arseholes and forgot to chase the debt, little realising that it was almost SB anyway - coupled with the highly amusing fact, I've not yet told them this nor that it is not my debt, ie it's nowt to do with me so they can do what they want in my opinion!

Have a laugh ---> Niddy v CapQuest
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I wonder how long before they link in to other things This is very bad news for a lot of people. At the moment they can only look up a registration number but I bet it won't be long before they can find out what you own from an address
      I have never signed anything saying that DVLA can share my data with anyone so they should have an opt out as a minimum for those who want things to remain private. The only people who should be able to look up a vehicle for the registered keeper is the original company who have lent money to buy it, and they should have to produce the paperwork to prove that before they can do a trace on it. DCA's should never be allowed that information.
      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
        I wonder how long before they link in to other things This is very bad news for a lot of people. At the moment they can only look up a registration number but I bet it won't be long before they can find out what you own from an address
        I have never signed anything saying that DVLA can share my data with anyone so they should have an opt out as a minimum for those who want things to remain private. The only people who should be able to look up a vehicle for the registered keeper is the original company who have lent money to buy it, and they should have to produce the paperwork to prove that before they can do a trace on it. DCA's should never be allowed that information.
        Everyone has a clause regards sharing data with them or third party chosen companies, however you cannot opt-out if they use it as a fraud prevention tool which is what they're selling it off as so really we're buggered.

Water, Gas and Insurance all now want to share info so it was only a matter of time. Did you know Local Authorities and DWP have been using them for years? Its more used in LA's to see if someone claiming HB owns a house etc but it cut out fraud tenfold - DWP uses it when there are complex cases, such as Indian claimants whom refuse to discuss finances with women whom usually make the claims, ergo it needs manual intervention..... (aka callcredit)
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Makes you wonder why they are still losing billions every yr to fraud if government dept's have theses tools available to them.

Or are they hiding there own losses in these figures and thus inflating them.
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 14 November 2011, 21:11.

Comment

Utilities don't worry me on a personal level but although I can see that it could be good for the government departments to share information as that could stop a lot of fraud on the benefits system, no way should DCA's and other outside agancies have access to the information. The way they are going they will be doing the SOA's from information they can get from elsewhere

Think I may need to rethink my insurance or hope the prices go up a bit so the house is worth more than the mortgage and I can sell it, then there is nothing at all in my name!

As for Call credit, my rating is 1/5 is it possible to get 0/5
            Last edited by Susie; 14 November 2011, 23:05.
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
            X