GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script default should have come off when do i check ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

default should have come off when do i check ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default should have come off when do i check ?

I know that all defaults will be over six years now and will have come off my credit score , but when can i look , it was August that I know it expired.
    I'd like to know what me and my hubby's credit score looks like its been seven years since our debts became statute barred, although there are I think two that have been passed onto a dca and I've received letters but ignored as the debt is statute barred .

Thanks

usually 1 month after 5/6/ years completed, i.i:- scotland/england
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

you could look now.
      Different companys update the CRA file at differing times some every month, some quarterly so seeing it removed depends when they do it,

try Clearscore, it's free, I use it to see who has been checking me out.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        I'd like to know what me and my hubby's credit score looks like its been seven years since our debts became statute barred, although there are I think two that have been passed onto a dca and I've received letters but ignored as the debt is statute barred

If your debts have been Statute Barred for seven years (or is that a typo?) then you have nothing to worry about since the only reason members are told not to check their CRA files is because it may alert creditors and/or debt purchasers to your existence.

If the debts are all SB then these creditors/debt purchasers can chase you all they like but they won't be getting any money from you

If you're certain the debts are SB (which includes Defaults not just last payment) then you can look at your CRA file as soon as you like, but as NW says the files may not update for at least a month, so maybe leave it until the end of October or early November just to be extra safe.

Di

Comment

I joined in 2012 , last payment was June 2012, so they are statute barred . I'm desperate to see my credit file .

Comment

I joined in 2012 , last payment was June 2012, so they are statute barred . I'm desperate to see my credit file .
            Why not take a look. Here is to your SB
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

I'll have a look and let you know . thanks all .

Comment

very poor lmao. I only get carers allowance for over 40 hours a week what do i expect lol

Comment

very poor lmao . . . . what do i expect lol

Your CRA credit rating will be based on the absence of a good credit history as well as the presence of negative information. Not having defaults isn't enough to give you a good score.

Potential lenders look to see if you are currently maintaining accounts satisfactorily, such as a mortgage or credit card which you pay off in full each month. They are assessing and predicting your future performance based on your past. You need to build a past

I presume you are linked to your Hubby on your CRA file, so if he has anything negative that could impact on you.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Your CRA credit rating will be based on the absence of a good credit history as well as the presence of negative information. Not having defaults isn't enough to give you a good score.

Potential lenders look to see if you are currently maintaining accounts satisfactorily, such as a mortgage or credit card which you pay off in full each month. They are assessing and predicting your future performance based on your past. You need to build a past

I presume you are linked to your Hubby on your CRA file, so if he has anything negative that could impact on you.

Di

Mortgage account is up to date been perfect since 2014 , so won't be any problems with that . Hubby is linked yes . I'm going to join another one and see the accounts and what they say on them I will look if the defaults have come off too .

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Di

I've just seen that JD Williams have put a default on my account on 8 AUgust 2019 and this account has been statute barred for 7 years now .
                      Unless I am reading it wrong and it should come off by now , this is the information

Account type
                      Mail Order
                      Account number
                      **************1DAL 0
                      Account start date
                      12/07/2001
                      Opening balance
                      £ 639
                      Regular payment £
                      £ 2
                      Repayment frequency
                      Monthly
                      Date of default
                      30/09/2013
                      Default balance
                      £ 0

Husbands statute barred account saying late payment .

Account typeCredit Card Account number**************6710 0 Account start date15/06/2005 Opening balance£ 3,070 Repayment frequencyMonthly
                      Capquest Investments LTD £ 3,070 09/08/2019 Late payment

All other accounts seemed to be none existent it is just the above that we need to be able to get removed.
                      How do i do that please ? Should we dispute these accounts and capquest have been updating my husbands account saying late payments each month since October 2013 and balance remained the same no payment .
                      Last edited by Spent2much; 18 September 2019, 15:03.

Comment

I've just seen that JD Williams have put a default on my account on 8 AUgust 2019 and this account has been statute barred for 7 years now .
                        Unless I am reading it wrong and it should come off by now , this is the information

Account type
                        Mail Order
                        Account number
                        **************1DAL 0
                        Account start date
                        12/07/2001
                        Opening balance
                        £ 639
                        Regular payment £
                        £ 2
                        Repayment frequency
                        Monthly
                        Date of default
                        30/09/2013

Default balance
                        £ 0

If I've understood what you've posted, the Default date is showing as 30th September 2013 for the mail order catalogue.

This means the account information will no longer show on your file from 30th September 2019 (six years later) which will be the week after next

If the last payment was seven years ago (2012) perhaps it should have been defaulted sooner than September 2013 (ICO says 3 - 6 months from breach of contract).

However it will vanish this month so maybe no need to tackle the issue unless you've been rejected for credit as a direct result of a potential error.

Di

Comment

thank you Di, can you advise about hubbys account please ?
                          He hasn't made any payment since 2012 so we are confused why it keep saying the following.
                          Husbands statute barred account saying late payment .

Account typeCredit Card Account number**************6710 0 Account start date15/06/2005 Opening balance£ 3,070 Repayment frequencyMonthly
                          Capquest Investments LTD £ 3,070 09/08/2019 Late payment

Comment

A Phantom payment???, I would demand to be told the amount/who by/How/ date/time/place name of depositor giving them 7 days to respond! send Recorded Delivery & keep copy on file, maybe others have a different view but an aledged payment which is false is a no no in the real world/.
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 20 September 2019, 09:30.

Comment

Thanks I will send that.

Comment

Working...
                              X