Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use Experian or ClearScore? Help our investigation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use Experian or ClearScore? Help our investigation.

Do you use Experian or ClearScore?

The 2 companies provide credit score checking and other financial services to people in the UK. The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is currently investigating their proposed merger to make sure it doesn’t lead to less choice or higher prices for people.

As part of our investigation we want to hear from people who use their services, or have used their services in the past. We want to know:

• Why do you use Experian or ClearScore’s services?
    • What do you think about the services they provide?
    • Whether you’ve used one, the other, or both (and why).

If you want to help our investigation, please send an email with your views

Please be assured that we take confidentiality seriously.
    Last edited by Diana Mayhew; 14th September 2018, 14:24.

I use Clearscore as it is free for what they do. However, there is no easy way (that I have found out) to download their credit reports. They seem to be mobile oriented.

I have browsed, out of interest not compulsion, some of their offers, but as they appear to want everything down to your inside leg measurement, I have only been their once for each offer type. I did find that on the loan offer, they used my stored details, and a hard search later appeared on my credit report. As I do not need any more financial assistance, I will not try again. Once bitten....

They provide a free credit report from Equifax which can be compared to the Noddle one. They also offer targeted financial products should you want/need to explore.

Recently they have been dumping emails to tempt me into further exploring their products and services, like the other comparison sites. It is proving annoying to have to delete them. Many are focussed on people with limited financial and life skills. How to clear your debts - make a budget. How to save money - take sandwiches to work. How to accumulate a deposit - get a bar job/ take in a lodger/ grow your own veg. Perhaps I am just too old.

Comment

Who's Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
    Working...
    X