GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Supermarket Carparks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supermarket Carparks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supermarket Carparks

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    There is a council run car park right opposite the JC+ in Havant and the amount of people that park up and run in to sign on without paying the 70p is unbelievable I watched 6 do it this morning while waiting for my son.
    They probably don't want to be late for work.

Comment

Hmm got one of these PCN notices stuck to the car after an hour or so on a retail park today...parked in a disabled bay blue badge had slipped down the dash so the car park muppet didnt see

I know they're not worth the paper they're written on and they cant do a damn thing...BUT i fancy a little fun with UKPCN limited, any suggestions??

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
        I know they're not worth the paper they're written on and they cant do a damn thing...BUT i fancy a little fun with UKPCN limited, any suggestions??
        post it back and tell them if they want to try and enforce it thus create precedent in the process for millions of others then feel free, issue a court claim otherwise fuckoff!

* whaaaaaat.... :niddy
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          post it back and tell them if they want to try and enforce it thus create precedent in the process for millions of others then feel free, issue a court claim otherwise fuckoff!

* whaaaaaat.... :niddy
          Like your style, straight to the point

Comment

I'll send it back with your excellent covering letter niddy!

(copy the retail park in as well....)

Comment

i kinda disagree with a couple of points in this thread although i do agree that it should just be thown in the bin.

Parking notices ARE offers of consideration, and also notices of intent. it doesnt need to be from both sides.

"You have received a penalty for parking over your allowed limit"

"The sum of £100 is payable within 28 days"

OR

"Reduced sum of £50 within 14 days"

That is an offer of consideration, the notice is saying, you commited a penalty, you have a choice to remedy it.

Now what most people dont realise is, they have a right to counter that offer, its only when its ignored, can it techincally be enforced. If you pay it, you agree to the consideration offer.

Im not saying private parking charge notices can or cant be enforced, im just giving what i believe to be true regarding penalty notices.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                i kinda disagree with a couple of points in this thread although i do agree that it should just be thown in the bin.

Parking notices ARE offers of consideration, and also notices of intent. it doesnt need to be from both sides.

"You have received a penalty for parking over your allowed limit"

"The sum of £100 is payable within 28 days"

OR

"Reduced sum of £50 within 14 days"

That is an offer of consideration, the notice is saying, you commited a penalty, you have a choice to remedy it.

Now what most people dont realise is, they have a right to counter that offer, its only when its ignored, can it techincally be enforced. If you pay it, you agree to the consideration offer.

Im not saying private parking charge notices can or cant be enforced, im just giving what i believe to be true regarding penalty notices.
                http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/1914/1.html

M1

Comment

Is posted elsewhere, but worth a read (assuming genuine)

Vehicle_Cntrl_v_Ibbotson-1.pdf

Especially the last few pages where the judge is thinking of doing the claimant and their sols for contempt.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                    Is posted elsewhere, but worth a read (assuming genuine)

[ATTACH]5224[/ATTACH]

Especially the last few pages where the judge is thinking of doing the claimant and their sols for contempt.
                    Seems to be genuine.

Excel (VCS) in another bit of trouble - FightBack Forums

M1

Comment

Working...
                    X