GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking Eye PCN - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking Eye PCN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye PCN

Hi. Just looking for any guidance on this please. I got an £85 parking fine from Parking Eye for exceeding the allotted time in one of their car parks. I appealed against the fine which Parking Eye refused on the basis that "the maximum time allowed was exceeded". This after sending Parking Eye a fairly long explanation as to how this came about together with some documentation to support my appeal. Basically I has parked in a Morrison's car park for an interview at a nearby office as instructed by the recruitment agency. The interview lasted for much longer than I'd been told to expect however and by the time I eventually left the car park I was about 50 minutes over the allotted time. The agency didn't tell me about the ANPR system in force at the car park and as I didn't know the location at all (including the car park) I didn't notice any signs about the maximum time as I arrived and parked. (I was almost late due to the agency's vague directions). I also didn't particularly feel like telling the interviewers I had to return to my car by a certain time given its their interview etc!. I'm fairly certain however the interviewers don't know about the agency's practice of using the cark.

Is there anything I should particularly bear in mind if appealing to POPLA please? Their website seems to point to certain types of appeal having a better chance of succeeding.

Thanks.

Try moneysavingexpert, legal beagles or parking pranksters websites, loads of advice on how to put together a POPLA appeal.., or just pay up and bang it on expenses ?

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
      Try moneysavingexpert, legal beagles or parking pranksters websites, loads of advice on how to put together a POPLA appeal.., or just pay up and bang it on expenses ?
      Thanks CA and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The Legal Beagles site in particular seems to have some very sound guidance that I think I can use to fit the circumstances. I'll use this for the POPLA appeal ...... if its disallowed I'll definitely be claiming it as expenses!!

Comment

Working...
      X