GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Council letter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council letter

hey up!
    This isn't regarding council tax, (sorry but thought this would be the most relevant forum section) but a letter received from the Council addressed to me and the mrs.
    It states mixed shrubs are causing an obstruction on the highway and we have fourteen days to sort it before they send their own contractors in and send us the bill.
    I called the number on the letter and was promised a call back today but heard nothing. The letter says to object i must apply to the magistrates court. I want to know what they are classing as an obstruction (the entrance is 40 metres long) so i can get it sorted.
    Has anyone had anything like this before? Any advice gratefully received.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Hi

They say highway, but could they be referring to footpath/pavement? Is there a hedge at your boundary which is growing out and restricting the passable width of the footpath to any extent? Sometimes they take this sort of action in those circumstances.

Comment

Hiya,
      Thanks for posting.
      Re-reading the letter it states adjacent public highway so i assume they mean the bit where the pavement turns the corner and it becomes the school path. I didn't realise how overgrown it has become. The mrs Father has been doing it, but looks like he has just been doing our side and not the school side. Will get on to it. Spoke with a fella with a digger who said as soon as you start to resolve it that 14 days stops.
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We have had these a couple of times relating to overhanging hedges.There must be someone that does a walk around the borough noting the hedges. "If you don't cut back, we will send a contractor and charge you." Normally our privet hedge is just on the wall, but in spring it may sprout out. So a reminder is not bad if you have just been too busy.

I note that in the neighbourhood there have been holly trees and rose bushes poking out their spikey branches with impunity. I sometimes feel like carrying a pair of secateurs.

Comment

Thanks Julian, its good to know i am not alone! I called them and was promised a call back which never happened. I rang again and there was no answer with no option to leave a message. Usual Council shambles....
          I emailed them and copied in the magistrate's court and they called me and didn't really know what i was on about which made me think they haven't even seen it. They went on to say someone has complained and they would extend the time to sort it but couldn't really clarify what part is causing the problem. I have now cut back a lot of it so will email them again asking to check but its best endeavours as they couldn't clarify what to do. The debacle continues......

Comment

Working...
          X