GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gob smacked - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gob smacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gob smacked

Susie the conversion was not mentioned when hubs built the garden wall and steps ,that was done and they were happy with it.Then if he would replace the slabs whilst he was there, as I said he would have lowered them had he gave known,as Jo said this is a separate job.x Now we know what's what we(I) can stand our corner , if not I'm fetching Mrs D.
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

never fails to amaze me the 'kin cheek of some people. i sympathize with you and your hubby nanna i really do.
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Goldy, x

Comment

Having had fill of bodging architects, engineers, nasty neighbours and builders this year, I have learnt the devil is in the detail, and you need to be aware at the outset of the world being against you at every turn.

Request to change slab is request to change slab That does not require BCO approval unless the previous covering was permeable and the new one over ??m and impermeable, On the face of it, they appear to have presented plans to the BCO who has asked for alterations before passing. Could be the new builder put in a fixed price against plans provided by him or an other. Change in plans = change in price even if it was his miscalculation or ineptitude in not knowing current Building Regs as 50%+ Builders. Those builders will try and pull the wool over the customers' and the BCO's eyes, cut corners and then when found out will blame all and sundry, lie and claim 30 years experience and teat they have never been called back ( we certainly won't, if they ever finish).

Alternative would be for the garage floor and corresponding DPC and DPM to be raised above the level required (6in?), and cut into the existing fabric, perhaps needing a step. Sounds like the new builder miscalculated and now wants more money and is into blaming everybody but his own incompetence. Your husband is the unfortunate scapegoat.

Comment

We are not going to contact them at all , however if/when they get in touch we will let them know were we stand now we know.My hubby is retired now and probably wouldn't do the job anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X