GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Holiday refund accepted then refused! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday refund accepted then refused!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday refund accepted then refused!

Hello,
    Is there anything I can do about this? I know it's not a 'lot' of money but ......

Holiday insurance???? was it to a place no aircraft from uk going to now??
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

When was the booking for , what date were you due to go?

It is saying you cancelled after the date booked, which means you didn't turn up so can't claim it.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
        Is there anything I can do about this?

This will be down to the Ts & Cs at the time of booking which are on loveholidays.com website here (Clause 9) > https://www.loveholidays.com/about-u...itions-lh.html

Did you buy any holiday insurance which may cover the reason for the cancellation (you've not said why it was cancelled)?

If you paid on a credit card and there's a dispute then s75 Consumer Credit Act could help you > https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...mer-credit-act

As NW has said if this was a 'no show' or change of mind then expect your chances to be slim. However that might depend on the reason for the 'no-show' in which case you can explore who was responsible/liable for your no-show.

Di

Comment

Holiday was for 7-11th March

I asked on the 2nd if I could cancel.
          They replied on the 3rd saying yes and how much I would get & to reply confirming I wanted to cancel.
          I replied immediately & the next day and the 7th.
          They waited until the arrival date had passed before replying saying as it was past the arrival date it was non refundable.

That isn't what they said in the initial refund request, they said they would refund part of the cost if I replied, which I did.

We couldn't go for personal reasons, nothing to do with Covid19 so can't claim on insurance.

Comment

They agreed to cancel at Sanya Mittal – Tue 3 Mar 20 15:39:12

They said I needed to confirm as soon as possible.

I confirmed at You: – Tue 3 Mar 20 15:54:25

again at You: – Wed 4 Mar 20 16:09:37

It said it would take 5 days to reply to me. The reply I got wasn't what I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
              They agreed to cancel at Sanya Mittal – Tue 3 Mar 20 15:39:12

They said I needed to confirm as soon as possible.

I confirmed at You: – Tue 3 Mar 20 15:54:25

again at You: – Wed 4 Mar 20 16:09:37

It said it would take 5 days to reply to me.

I've looked at those Ts & Cs again (Clause 9) and they say that flight costs are non refundable after booking >

"Flight: 100% of the value of the flights is non-refundable from the point of booking (including baggage, insurance, etc.)."

However anything else which isn't excluded should be refundable since you appear to have cancelled prior to departure - it's not your fault it took them five days to respond!

Make a formal complaint, and if that doesn't work then post an 'honest' review on their feefo.com ratings page. You won't get your money back but you may get some personal satisfaction

You're not alone >

https://www.feefo.com/en-GB/reviews/...erviceScores=1

Di
              Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 11 March 2020, 13:10. Reason: typo

Comment

Complaint submitted to ABTA

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

(you've not said why it was cancelled)?
                  Hubby has been unwell & unable to work, he is on a zero hour contract so no sick pay. We literally have no money coming in apart from tax credits each week which are small and therefore nothing to take with us to spend & he wasn't well enough to travel ( still is unwell).

I've got people wanting money from me left right and center and was relying on the refund to shut some of them up

Comment

Did you take insurance out> if so and a person is not well and a Doctor advise not to travel may be another way???

Comment

No Doctor seen so no sick-note sadly.
                      We'll see what ABTA do, if anything.

Comment

again did you have insurance taken out at time of booking??? just curious?

Comment

Working...
                        X