GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SCS faulty after delivery - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCS faulty after delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCS faulty after delivery

See edited post / guidelines above.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Solicitor has drafted a letter for you (yea, at 10pm on Sunday).
      That's brilliant! Jo.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi there,
        Just a quick update. I emailed the letter to SCS and the finance company last Monday, and posted the originals the same day. The finance company got back to me within 2 hours to acknowledge the email and to keep them posted, however I heard nothing from SCS.

I had a phonecall from the branch manager on the following Wednesday trying his hardest to persuade me to get another sofa from him etc etc. But still no mention of the letter. I just kept telling him I wanted a refund after the treatment I had received, he said he needed to speak to head office and would call me back at the weekend. He called my wife on Monday of this week, once again tried to persuade her to have another sofa to which she said she didn't want one. I think at this point he gave up, said he'd organise for admin to call us to arrange removal of the sofa.
        They didn't call so my wife rang again today, they're trying to organise for it to be removed.

I know it's not quite over yet but seems to be moving in the right direction.

I'll post another update when I have more info.

Andy

Comment

Thanks for the update and, like you say, it seems to be moving in the right direction They're persistent beggars though aren't they!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

they are persistant. I think they have a draconian commission scheme, so if a sale falls through, it hurts badly in the pocket even if it's nothing to do with the store, hence your man trying to talk you into another sofa. I would contact the finance company just to make sure SCS have told them they are taking back the sofa.

Comment

Hope it's almost over for you .x
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Morning all,

Just had confirmation from the finance company that the account is now closed and we're due a refund which should be paid in the next couple of days.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and help. Much appreciated! 😃

Andy

Comment

I'm so pleased for you Andy, well done

Best wishes
                  IF
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                  X