GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script another SCS victim - already paid in full :( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another SCS victim - already paid in full :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: another SCS victim - already paid in full

Send a letter to customer services at HQ by email or fax today to beat the Monday deadline. You'll need a reason to make a complaint and changing your mind about a purchase won't cut the mustard.

But you could say that the store didn't make you aware of it's cancellation policy which is why you signed and paid in full on the spot. Tell them you felt under pressure to make the purchase and accuse them of concealing vital information on your statutory rights at the point of sale Tell them you weren't given time to read the contract and you didn't have your glasses with you to read it in any event.

I expect none of the above ^^^^ is true but it's worth a shot. Ask them to explain how they will suffer any financial loss if you don't go ahead (i.e. have they already paid a manufacturer in advance etc etc).

Believe it or not there is a Furniture Ombudsman (Niddy once posted this vital piece of information on another thread ) and even if SCS is not a member there's still good advice on here on how to complain by letter:

http://www.thefurnitureombudsman.org...85&frmShared=1

Comment

The salesman harassed and pressurised you into signing up there and then.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Here are the store's Terms & Conditions which are twelve pages long so I doubt the commission-hungry salesman explained all of these to you at the time

http://www.scs.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/#

(make sure you click on the *Store Retail Terms* not Website Ts & Cs)

Clause 2.7 says they can use their "discretion" to cancel an order and will take into account the "losses and costs that they will reasonably suffer" which I presume they'd have to justify

Like we've all said it's now down to goodwill on their part
        Last edited by PlanB; 10 May 2013, 11:39. Reason: link problems :(

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
          Here are the store's Terms & Conditions which are twelve pages long so I doubt the commission-hungry salesman explained all of these to you at the time

http://www.scs.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/#

Clause 2.7 says they can use their "discretion" to cancel an order and will take into account the "losses and costs that they will reasonably suffer" which I presume they'd have to justify

Like we've all said it's now down to goodwill on their part
          Thank you!!!!!!!!! Will let you know what comes of it!

Comment

Working...
          X