GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Evidence of a GDPR breach by my old Debt Management Company - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evidence of a GDPR breach by my old Debt Management Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence of a GDPR breach by my old Debt Management Company

Wasn't sure where to post this so have started a new topic...

I have recently got around to going through all the paperwork I received after the SAR I sent to my old DMP and there are a couple of entires on their comms logs which says "With ref to your recent email in which you have queried that you do not hold a date of birth for the above mutual client. I can confirm that the date of birth is as follows so please amend your records accordingly' and clearly lists my DOB. The type of comms is "Generic Creditors Letter".

This seems to be a clear breach so I wonder if anyone has any experience of challenging a company for such a thing?

Maybe check the Terms & Conditions which you signed with your DMP provider to see what you agreed they could/couldn’t do while acting as your ‘agent’ in communications with their “mutual client”.

Di

Comment

Some deep diving revealed they're actually now in administration, so probably a waste of time to explore this now.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahSarah View Post
        SAR I sent to my old DMP and there are a couple of entires on their comms logs which says "With ref to your recent email in which you have queried that you do not hold a date of birth for the above mutual client. I can confirm that the date of birth is as follows so please amend your records accordingly'

Who was the author/business of that letter/email providing the information?

Was it your DMP provider or was it the creditor/debt purchaser, in order to establish who may have breached GDPR?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Who was the author/business of that letter/email providing the information?

Was it your DMP provider or was it the creditor/debt purchaser, in order to establish who may have breached GDPR?

Di
          Hi Di,

The info on the log is only as above so it looks like it was an email or letter from a debt owner/ creditor asking for my DOB, which the DMC provided. No evidence of who it was, though I suspect PRA as there are two consecutive entries and PRA owned two of my debts at the time.

They have provided copies of letters between them and me but their comms with others are in the form of a continuous printed record from a contact management system. So just a synopsis of the communication, not copies of the actual letters/ emails.

I don't think I can go any further with this now they're in administration... which is annoying.

Comment

Working...
          X