GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt with Disability News Articles - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt with Disability News Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Debt with Disability News Articles

[QUOTE][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]the equivalent of £32,242 a year was spent on care per patient. But the researchers said on average only a third - £10,784 - came from NHS or council funds, leaving a shortfall. The charity said it was unfair as those with cancer or heart problems got their care free on the NHS. The research - carried out by the London School of Economics and Kings College London - was carried out to update figures compiled by the charity in 2007.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I wish our mum who has Alzheimers gets nowhere near that in fact she gets fuck all

Comment

• Re: Debt with Disability News Articles

[CENTER][B]Drugs firms are increasing their dementia spending[/B]

[COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet][B]With life expectancy on the rise, the pharmaceutical industry is shifting its research and development funds.
      [/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
      [/CENTER]
      [COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]It is spending billions to meet a rising demand for drugs to treat chronic conditions in an increasingly elderly population. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]That phenomenon is playing out in the rise of funding for research into dementia treatments. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]"We are all living longer," says Dr Doug Brown, the director of research and development for Britain's Alzheimer's Society. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]He welcomes [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33617141"]recent reports[/URL] showing that solanezumab, a potential new experimental treatment from Eli Lilly, can cut the rate of the dementia's progression by about a third if it is given to patients early enough. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]"This is a big step in a direction where we could potentially have the first treatment for Alzheimer's disease that slows that disease process," he says. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]"We have a number of treatments currently available that treat symptoms, which aren't hugely effective. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]"But this could be the first one that acts at the crux of what's happening in the brains of people with Alzheimer's to slow that disease process, slow that cognitive decline and really improve the quality of life." [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]The final results of those clinical trials will not be available for more than a year.
      [/FONT][/COLOR]
      [B]Ageing population[/B]

[COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]Alzheimer's disease afflicts more than 40 million people around the world, presenting a devastating - and costly - problem. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]More than 800,000 people are living with dementia in the UK, two thirds of whom have Alzheimer's, says the Alzheimer's Society. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Helmet]But the promising developments in the hunt for a cure for the condition come at a cost.......[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33620066"][B]Read more here[/B][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X