GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 limited ( Howard Cohen and Co ) v DangerMouse - Issued 4 October 2016 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 limited ( Howard Cohen and Co ) v DangerMouse - Issued 4 October 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 limited ( Howard Cohen and Co ) v DangerMouse - Issued 4 October 2016

Please reply to my email. I'm away next week for around 10 days.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 limited ( Howard Cohen and Co ) v DangerMouse - Issued 4 October 2016

Originally posted by DangerMouse View Post
      I was in it up to my neck... approximately 40 - 50 thousand in debt, I got a job and all my money was going into repaying the debt, my partner at the time said that this was not on, and to sort it. A debt charity told me to go bankrupt or seek a payment plan via a management company. I did not like either of those suggestions, so My letters sent in April 2009 were to address this. It was a payment plan by me, that i wrote up, I found all the information on line, they all got the same letter from me telling them how much I owed the others, what I had coming in, what was left over and what they could have between them biased on what I owed them. I also said that i would only contact them and not third parties. Only one of them gave me grace for 2 months, the rest went into silly mode not acknowledging my letters, and sending demands, one even sent a third party to my new address. This confirmed to me that they had received my letters and were follow a system instead of reacting to the information that I had sent to them. At which point I just thought the only way to sort this was to have a court involved as they may make me pay back the money, but at least I would have someone acknowledge that I could not carry on like the way I was. It is pretty much the same today, I cannot afford the repayments and go to work and have a life at the same time.
      Thanks for the potted history. It's not unlike many on this forum, myself included.

Did you have PPI on the Cahoot Flexiloan?

And since we're chatting, do you have any other creditors chasing your debts from that dark period in your life, or is this only one giving you grief?

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Plan B, No PPI, I have a few letters from this dba and that dba saying that I have money outstanding, but none have gone to the trouble of a CCJ, I suspect that the DCA, in this case, may hold 1 or 2 of the other outstanding debts and maybe using this as a case as a test to see if they can get more off me once this has been tested...

Comment

I am just waiting for the court i think.

Do I need to be doing anything else? .
          You've filed your Defence and you've not had a response from the Claimant to your CCA Request.

The next thing you'll hear from the court is a Directions Questionnaire if the Claimant informs them that they wish to continue with the proceedings. If they don't tell the court that then the claim will automatically become stayed (a pause button on proceedings).

If you get a response from the Claimant to your CCA Request then you may wish to file an Amended Defence depending on what they send you.

If the Claimant accepts your Statute Barred argument (already in your Defence) then they may Discontinue the claim, but cross each bridge as you get to it because they'll probably be scurrying around looking for evidence to prove otherwise (that it's not SB).

Plan B x

Comment

Hi all, Plan B, so glad the website is back up.... I have heard nothing until today and just checked online and the court are sending me a Directions Questionaire, which I should if all is well get that tomorrow..... what next? the claim is now for over 10000 what should I do next, I still think this whole thing is statue barred?

Comment

Plan B, so glad the website is back up.... I have heard nothing until today and just checked online and the court are sending me a Directions Questionaire, which I should if all is well get that tomorrow..... what next? the claim is now for over 10000 what should I do next, I still think this whole thing is statue barred?
              This means that the Claimant (not the court or any DJ) doesn't accept your Defence argument that the debt is statute barred so they have decided to plough on with their claim against you. That's their choice.

They appear to have decided that the court should decide whether the debt is SB or not. That doesn't mean it is or isn't.

When you receive your Directions Questionnaire you'll be given a deadline for response.

Plan B x

Comment

Good day to you all, there is no update, I am bogged down with Man cold, so just doing some research online and I found this web blog from Neil Wilby - Journalist and Justice Campaigner, excellent read on the Lawers - Enjoy. this was I believe posted in March 2016. https://neilwilby.com/2016/03/28/scandal-hit-leeds-law-firm-rocked-by-further-misconduct-revelations/

Comment

Man cold on no !!!!!! Get well soon xxx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you, I will try, but it is Man Flu. 2nd hot toddy down range.

Comment

UPDATE! Good News! - Jo phoned me today and sent me an email confirmation Case discontinued...

Thank you to the team at Joanna Connolly Solicitors
                      Thank you to this forum for your help and support

Until the next time....Gulp!

Initial thoughts for today on hearing this news Fantastic!
                      Can actually go on and start planning to live again it means that much...
                      A little s
                      queal of delight at the fantastic news and now back to being normal again...

One more question for now, they, Hoist have added a black mark against my credit record, do I add a note or can I get it removed, or do i just sit it out for the next 6 years? Not planning to get into any debt, just want to know that if I want to, that I can move abroad or something like that!

Comment

That's fantastic news, well done to everyone involved.

If a default had been already added to your account by Santander then Link cannot add another one, as an account can only be defaulted once.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great news,well done to all concerned.

Comment

Thats great news, congratulations to everyone involved I would not worry about the CRA as the default will drop off after its 6 years and cannot be re added, and should not affect you moving abroad if you wanted to, in fact a few here have already done that complete with defaults
                            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

UPDATE! Good News! - Jo phoned me today and sent me an email confirmation Case discontinued...

Thank you to the team at Joanna Connolly Solicitors
                              Thank you to this forum for your help and support

Until the next time....Gulp!

Initial thoughts for today on hearing this news Fantastic!
                              Can actually go on and start planning to live again it means that much...
                              A little s
                              queal of delight at the fantastic news and now back to being normal again...

One more question for now, they, Hoist have added a black mark against my credit record, do I add a note or can I get it removed, or do i just sit it out for the next 6 years? Not planning to get into any debt, just want to know that if I want to, that I can move abroad or something like that!

AWESOME - well done

presumably the default was registered prior to the action in which case it should remain because factually, you did default the account. To be honest a single default won't hurt that much - however as already said, it cannot be a new entry - what data shows as the default date on your credit file?
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant news, enjoy your new life xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X