GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD ( BW LEGAL ) v stayingpositiv - Issued 11 October 2016 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD ( BW LEGAL ) v stayingpositiv - Issued 11 October 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD ( BW LEGAL ) v stayingpositiv - Issued 11 October 2016

I haven't read back and have no personal experience of mediation but didn't want to read and run.

The mediation is to sort out a solution which is acceptable to both parties so you'll get the chance to put your side and say that you have no cash and lots of debts. Could the extra couple of hundred pounds be court costs?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD ( BW LEGAL ) v stayingpositiv - Issued 11 October 2016

Originally posted by stayingpositiv View Post
      Could someone help with a quick question? I have the mediation call soon and wondered what to expect
      How soon?

Or have I missed the boat to offer you help?

Plan B x

Comment

I've never had to deal with mediation but maybe it's a good idea to write down your income and all of your expenditure so the it's all to hand and you don't forget anything when you are talking with them.

Also note all the bills you are behind with and how much you are in arrears.

From what I've read about mediation over the years, I don't think it's anything to get too worried about before the call and they just take details and contact the claimant with an offer (if one can be arranged).

Comment

Thankyou all for your replies (if anyone knows how to reactivate the email notifications that would be helpful as I missed these as they came in)...

So, I did the mediation and will give a quick account for those wondering about the process.

Arranged a call time, lovely lady called me and explained that the conversation was without prejudice. I explained my circumstances and she went back to BW legal. we went to-and-fro a bit with offers and finally agreed on a very affordable monthly payment that is set for, well many years, but realistically until I can pay it off if I chose to. The settlement amount didn't go down much (£400), but that's ok since I wasn't disputing the agreement details. Were I disputing some detail of the agreement there seems to have been scope to reach a settlement through mediation and avoiding court, as it was the process was extremely straight forward.

Overall a very safe and calm experience where I didn't feel judged or bullied. This has to be good for the collectors too as the clients are more open to making an offer when they're not stressed out.

Forum, your support has been invaluable, next time I wont feel quite as panicked and will deal in a calm way. !!

Comment

Happy to see it all went well.

To reactivate your email notifications go into Settings at the top of the page. Scroll down the left hand side where you'll see My Subscriptions. Click on that which will bring up a list of threads. Click on the check box next to this thread, scroll down to the bottom to the box which says Selected Threads and click on the option you want.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by stayingpositiv View Post
              next time I wont feel quite as panicked
              Let's hope there won't be a 'next time'.

Think positive

Well Done You for sorting things out on your terms this time.

Di

Comment

Working...
              X