GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot ( Restons ) v mrs bucket - Issued 15 February 2016 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot ( Restons ) v mrs bucket - Issued 15 February 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot ( Restons ) v mrs bucket - Issued 15 February 2016

Fingers Crossed
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks PlanB (and Spud)

I won't be able to phone until Friday, I work in an open office and if I go off to make a private phone call they'll be gossiping . As soon as I can I will keep you posted.

Nothing in the post today though.

Thanks

Comment

I'm all crossed too xxx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi everyone

Just phoned the court and the claim is STAYED! So I really believe they don't have the paperwork and were just trying it on.

Thanks to all for your kind words and encouragement - even if my defence wasn't the best I'm glad I entered something rather than nothing.

So not sure what they will do now but I'll worry about that if it happens.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by mrs bucket View Post
            Just phoned the court and the claim is STAYED!
            That is very encouraging

Restons will be scurrying around trying to get the paperwork so don't get overly excited. Knowing them you'll get a letter saying your Defence is crap so they invite you to withdraw it or they'll ask the court to strike it out. At least that's their usual tactic.

For what it's worth your Defence was really good. You covered all bases. Why do you think they have not told the court that they want to press on with this claim. You should be jolly pleased with yourself.

Post up if you hear anything.

Plan B x

Comment

I've already had that letter from Restons Plan B lol. I'm expecting them to rear their ugly heads again at some point but for the moment at least I know where we're at.

What happens if I don't hear anything else does the claim just remain stayed forever or is there a knock-off point?

Comment

It stays stayed until either party asks the court to lift the stay.

Depending on what documents Restons subsequently send you (if any) you will also have the opportunity to apply for a SJ to get the claim struck out.

But since we can't see into the future the best thing to do is put it to the back of your mind and give us a nudge in three months time unless you hear anything before then.

Have a relaxed weekend.

Plan B x

Comment

Thank you

Comment

That's great news, fingers crossed that they don't find any paperwork!

Comment

Working...
                    X