GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dog Insurance Final Claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog Insurance Final Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Insurance Final Claim

My dog has comprehensive insurance which excludes death from illness for a dog over 9 years old. Does anyone know if this just covers the reimbursement of the dog's cost or if this covers the vet visit which results in the dog.s death?

Thank you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Dog Insurance Final Claim

Greetings Cymru,

As you know every pet insurers terms and conditions are different.

Who is the insurer and what is the name of the policy.

I will have a read up and help you to decipher the contents of the terms and conditions.

Regards

Comment

It's LV's Premier policy.

Death from illness and death from accident

The purchase price of your pet up to a maximum of £750 if it dies or in the event of humane destruction by a vet to alleviate inhumane suffering following an illness, disease or accident.
      Death from illness is only provided for dogs under 9 years of age.

Exclusion: death from illness in the case of dogs of 9 years or more.

I know that this refers to purchase price but does it also refer to the final visit, if it becomes final?

Thanks
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Cymru, Cant help with your question as none of mine are insured, I am sure I have paid for a holiday for every one at my vets this year .

But I was wondering by your question if your Dog is OK?.
        It sounds as though something is wrong?

Regards (and hoping all is well) Handy.
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Hi handy

Thanks for asking, but I'm almost certain that he's going to be put to sleep tomorrow. He's big, nearly 11 and has had 'wonky' back legs for ages but today he's being sick, has the runs, won't eat and can't walk very well. I haven't called the vet until tomorrow, just in case he rallies (futile but desperately optimistic)

Comment

Cymru,

I am sorry to here this as it hurts just as much as losing a human, dogs are so entwined with the human way of life and fit in and live happily and repay there debt to us a million times over.

He is a grand ol fellow that no doubt has brought you many many wonderful memories that can never be taken from you but in your heart I know that you know that the humane decision has to be taken to release the suffering of your loved one.

All animals have a reason to share this planet with us from the smallest insect to the mammoth whale and it is they that make this planet what it is today ecology wise.

Indeed you can hold your head high knowing that you dog was a fine contributor to that course.

Regards

Comment

Well he's gone and will be sadly missed by all the family. He was a true gentleman and has left a massive hole even though there are other dogs and teenagers. He couldn't suffer but it is so horrible having the power of death.
              The vet was lovely and very gentle.

Comment

Cymru,

Doggy heaven awaits this chappie, and once you have got over the initial shock of him/her no longer being at your side it will be time to celebrate the wonderful life he/she not only gave you but had him/herself.

Regards

Comment

he'll always have a wee place in your heart Cymruambyth, keep it close and cosy

Comment

I am so sorry, losing a pet is no different to losing any family member, because they are family. I always tell myself that for the short time they were with us, they could have had no better time than as part of my family.

You have to accept that you did the right thing, no more suffering.

My Mother kept our old GS for far too long (he was a link to my Father). Poor old lad was so embarressed when he lost his faculties.

When you have had time there is always a deserving Dog somewhere out there waiting for a new and caring home.

Regards, Handy.
                    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Handy,

Totally agree m8 when one is lost there is always another awaiting the love and care they all so much deserve.

I have always had Border Collies and when she goes I will have another, however that does not mean the one I lost was loved any less.

This is my current one she is a lass and those eyes make me melt everytime.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have always said that I am not replacing my dog but that they meant so much to me that I am honouring their memory.
                        I have 2 other dogs who are both quite sad today.

Comment

Working...
                        X