GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pet Insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pet Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Insurance

Actually, its also said that there are about 10.5 dog years to one human year for the first 2 years, and 4 dog years to one human year thereafter; depends which expert you listen to! So he could be 25?!?
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

(Actually read that link now, so deleted my last comment!)

sigpic

Comment

Diddlydee,

lol its not my calculator that's broke its my brain lol

Blimey that makes my dog as old as me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
          Actually, its also said that there are about 10.5 dog years to one human year for the first 2 years, and 4 dog years to one human year thereafter; depends which expert you listen to! So he could be 25?!?
          See, he is old enough.

Why else did you think he had a passion for that table leg?

Comment

He fell in love with a teddy bear when he was only a few weeks old and has tried to make baby cushions for as long as I can remember........ thats nowt to do with age and everything to do with being a boy!

sigpic

Comment

Pet owners are left exposed on cover by Lloyds and Halifax axe

Lloyds Banking Group is pulling the plug on its pet insurance operation, leaving tens of thousands of customers high and dry. Halifax, part of the Lloyds group, entered the pet insurance market in 2002 with much fanfare, boasting of low prices and attractive lifetime cover deals. Its particular type of policy enables pet owners to claim for a specific ailment or condition year after year, in contrast to other policies that impose a 12-month limit per condition. Lloyds TSB has offered similar lifetime and time-limited pet insurance policies since 2000.

The two Lloyds brands insure about 50,000 pets, mainly cats and dogs, but now the group says the business is no longer viable. Those with Halifax policies will be covered for vets’ bills until their annual policy comes up for renewal – between now and next September. Lloyds customers will be able to renew their policies until next February. The bank says it is....Read more on here---> Pet owners are left exposed on cover by Lloyds Banking group | This is Money
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I was with Petplan for my last dog and ended up paying £thousands, because they didnt in fact cover ongoing conditions, year on year.

Both my current canine companions are with M&S. The older one has an allergy for which she requires monthly injections and sometimes top ups of ear and eye drops.

The younger one cross fingers is ok. However, a few months ago, it was thought he might need expensive surgery which thankfully was not the case. M&S were very good, they arranged for him to see a veterinary consultant at the Cambridge Vet College. Boy, was I ever glad I had insurance !

They have a 24 hour professionally staffed emergency line and at all times you can contact a veterinary nurse if you have any questions.

Probably not the cheapest pet insurance, but for peace of mind it would always get my vote.

Comment

I insure my dog with Petplan and is covered for ongoing conditions for life as I went with them when she was 6 weeks old.

They have already paid out over 6k on one road accident never had any issues with petplan so I will be sticking with them plus if I move now I probably will not get the ongoing conditions cover and as she is likely to get arthritis in later years due to the accident she had, that is important.
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9 October 2011, 15:04.

Comment

PF, yes.. if you change insurers then you will lose any benefits of ongoing cover

Comment

Miss Molly,

Thanks I thought as much, her left knee joint that was removed and the bones fused is likely to cause her problems in later years so on that basis I will stay with who I have as other insurers are likely to put it down as a previous medical condition and not cover.

Furthermore as it is the dogs health and not the cost of insurance that interests me any increases in premium I will suck it as I cannot have her suffering at any cost.

Regards
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9 October 2011, 15:10.

Comment

Which recommend John lewis with 89% customer satisfaction. They have a £10,000 lifetime cover and the premiums seem reasonable.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                        X