GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script the-puppets UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the-puppets UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the-puppets
    replied
    Re: the-predator-puppets UE diary

Thought so, just wanted to be sure...hold out for as long as possible then do some deals with money we've held back....thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Not yet. You need them to be sold on. The bank won't negotiate much.

Regards to the enforceable debts, last plan of action is a reclaim or haggle for f&f to clear them so by the time that occurs (6+ months time) you'll have a few grand to play with.... The way you deal with enforceable ones is to negotiate f&f with those that bark the loudest. Some will go for the jugular, others will piss around for a year with idle threats

Leave a comment:

• the-puppets
    replied

Final thought for the night, as we are stopping the DMP would it be worth now speaking to the 2 banks re overdrafts for full and finals (they are in the DMP at the moment with the rest of the predators!)- we could use the money from the next month/s DMP payments that we won't be making???

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

good luck the PPs

Leave a comment:

• MustGetStraigh
    replied

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck

Leave a comment:

• the-puppets
    replied

All CCA letters and contact me by post only letters drafted and placed in envelopes along with letter to cccs to stop the DMP. Hopefully get them all away asap. Watch this space

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by the-predator-puppets View Post
    They have all the numbers but we sent a letter to them stating only to contact us via post - got it from the "other" forum a while back - not had any calls since we sent them off. Will keep ya posted.
    This will change once they find out the dmp has ceased. Send a letter to each creditor saying something along the lines of....

"I hereby formally request that you only contact me by letter, to my registered home address as shown above, as I have had to disconnect my mobile & landline in order to utilise any excess funds. I also no longer have access to a phone at work, so please remove any previously held version of any contact numbers as they are all now void"

Just add this in a new page, in same envelope as the cca request. Also do not sign anything, remember that so ideally get a cheque from a mate or something, or send a postal order.

Leave a comment:

• the-puppets
    replied

They have all the numbers but we sent a letter to them stating only to contact us via post - got it from the "other" forum a while back - not had any calls since we sent them off. Will keep ya posted.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Okey cokey - send for cca's and cancel cccs.

We'll be here for you, if the creditors hassle you just post an update and stay calm. Can you confirm what numbers they have for you, ie home/moby/work?

Leave a comment:

• the-puppets
    replied

Will send off for cca's as advised.

There is nothing secured on house, probably £10,000 max in equity.

The DMP is with CCCS and the high amount we pay is partly due to Northern Rock allowing us to go Interest-Only on the Mortgage (was £800ish now £450 ish - but this will get reviewed annually so may shoot right back up again.

A lot of cash goes on me driving to work - 3 hour round trip mon-fri. We wanted to try and get straight within 5-6 years so the budget is at its max in hope we could do that...fat chance with the interest and charges!!!!

So having seen the orange-light we would very much like to do it the niddy way and get it sorted.

Cheers

TPP

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Also treat Lloyds the same as the others - cease repaying this as well.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Hiya

Ok send off the cca's first. For everything excluding the overdrafts. I presume you have a lot of disposable income then if you're paying that amount?

To cancel the dmp; just say you're looking at the ue route and will reconsider your options at a later date. Who is the dmp through...?

Are you happy to knock the dmp on the head and go "the niddy way"? If so cease all repayments and have some life for the next month or two. Then the debts will be sold on and we'll then get you going on a proper dmp (again the niddy way) utilising the official trigger figures!

You'll see a huge difference..... Use the dmp cash for a holiday or for saving for f&f offers at a later date. That's up to you.

Can I check do you have anything secured against the house and is there a lot of equity in the property? Just for future ref; not important

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Actions speak louder than words

Leave a comment:

• the-puppets
    replied

Thanks Niddy,

In answer to questions we are paying £298/month to MINT LOAN, DMP peeps sent us a letter at the start saying Mint refused to accept this as it was too low but DMP peeps advised us to still keep paying. We are paying close to £1200 a month into the DMP at the moment but that also includes the 2 bank overdrafts at £900 and £700 ish.

We agree that stopping payments and getting debts passed to DCAs will help us get interest/charges stopped - DMP peeps and letters I tried don't seem to have done much thus far.

Will send off for all CCAs this week and see what comes back. Should we therefore pull out of our DMP now, already paid in for this month. You said to keep paying the LLYODS LOAN so what's the best way to do that??? Drop out DMP and try going it alone..not sure..help needed.

Cheers

TPP

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Morning,

Ok, as you'll see i've kinda issued a reply next to each diary event but as most your debts are recent, it's not looking that great for you i'm afraid - I expect most (if not all barring Barclays) will be enforceable - however that's not the end of the world, you may well be best ceasing payments to force the lender to sell the debt to a DCA and then come to a suitable arrangement with the DCA - the good thing about doing this is interest and charges usually stop so you are actually repaying the debt itself, not just charges (for years and years)....

Can you please confirm what amount you have left each month that you're using for these payments, ie the total DMP sum you're spending each month?

So for the moment please send off the CCA Request and leave it at that, until they respond.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X