GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moonmonkey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonmonkey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Is this the debt that had the wrong Default date reported which was subsequently removed?

I doubt Arc could add anything to your CRA file since they are a Debt Collection Agency not the creditor/debt owner.

More importantly this debt appears to be unenforceable as Nationwide didn't comply with your CCA Request sent in February 2020

Di
    thanks Di - sorry just seen your response. They ring me daily - I haven't and won't answer. Funny that the debt of the lowest value (£230) is chasing me the hardest. Nothing from the rest - even link seem to have given up.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post

Update - hope they don't start reporting on CRA's as have had problems / complaints with Nationwide as they didn't default but agreed to remove from my file.
    Is this the debt that had the wrong Default date reported which was subsequently removed?

I doubt Arc could add anything to your CRA file since they are a Debt Collection Agency not the creditor/debt owner.

More importantly this debt appears to be unenforceable as Nationwide didn't comply with your CCA Request sent in February 2020

Di

Leave a comment:

• Moonmonkey
    replied
    Nationwide CC

Agreement Start Date: 10/12/2008
    Feb 20 Balance: £231.33
    Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £20.60
    CCA requested: 27/02/2020
    CCA signed for: 28/02/2020

13/03/2020 - Nothing Exciting - my CCA request was signed for on Friday 28/2 - that's 12+2 days right? Still no response.

23/03/2020 - Letter received at my previous address which luckily is my mums - Just confirming they have agreed the payment plan submitted by Payplan in January. Well i'm self managing my DMP now and withholding payment until they come up with an enforceable CCA.

27/04/2021 Letter Recieved account has been referred to ARC (Europe) Ltd
    Update - hope they don't start reporting on CRA's as have had problems / complaints with Nationwide as they didn't default but agreed to remove from my file.

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    I believe JS sell to Cabot Europe version or at least they did with wife’s.

as said keep the failure to comply to s.78 request as a trump card. Only reveal when necessary. Now is not the time.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Sainsburys Bank Personal Loan / Wescot

Agreement Start Date: 15/02/2008
    Feb 20 Balance: £1539.86
    Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £137.10

09/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsbury's Bank Recoveries in Hull
    Saying - "We need you to call us, before we can take the next steps"

What should I do?

23/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsburys bank dated 10/03/2020 sent to me muvvas - saying that they have passed the debt onto Wescot and refer to my arrangement through payplan - self managing now and withholding payment until i get an enforceable CCA.

23/03/2020 - Letter from Wescot dated 11/03/2020 again sent to me muvvas - saying that they have been passed the debt from Sainsburys and refer to my arrangement through payplan.

24/04/2020 - I offered them F&F of 10% awaiting response.

20/05/2020 - Letter from Wescot dated 5/5/2020 saying that they are looking into my request and account is on hold for now.

Feb 2021 - 6 month statement from Sainsburys bank

02/03/2021 - Cheque for 14 quid received from Sainsburys for not handling my situation between 2013 and 2017 - only had £1 in interest and charges hence the £14 cheque

30/03/2021 - Letter from Sainsburys - saying they have sold the debt to Cabot but will continue to be managed by Wescot - I see this as a good thing that Cabot have purchased the debt and still no sign of the CCA. Filed
    is this the account we are talking about. In your letter dated today it should say exactly who it has been sold to. I’m assuming this is Cabot Financial (Europe). Is that right?

Not that it is that important at the moment as Sainsbury are in default of your s78 request something you ‘may’ need to remind them of at some point in the future but not just yet.

Leave a comment:

• Moonmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
    Which Cabot company has it been assigned to?
    the letter head says Cabot Financial - the footer says Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited is an appointed rep of Cabot Credit Management Group Ltd

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly
    replied
    Which Cabot company has it been assigned to?

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

. . . .

02/03/2021 - Cheque for 14 quid received from Sainsburys for not handling my situation between 2013 and 2017 - only had £1 in interest and charges hence the £14 cheque

30/03/2021 - Letter from Sainsburys - saying they have sold the debt to Cabot but will continue to be managed by Wescot - I see this as a good thing that Cabot have purchased the debt and still no sign of the CCA. Filed [/COLOR]

Hello

That's definitely good news, especially since earlier this month Sainsburys admitted they had not handled your account properly between 2013 and 2017, and sent you a modest cheque to compensate for this.

A few weeks' later they assigned (sold) your account to a debt purchaser.

Perhaps there might be more things wrong with it, apart from not having complied with your CCA Request from over a year ago.

Di

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    That’s a real good move. Now you need to pay attention to the particular Cabot owner detail. If JS can’t supply a CCA then little chance Carboot will.

Leave a comment:

• Moonmonkey
    replied

What should I do?

23/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsburys bank dated 10/03/2020 sent to me muvvas - saying that they have passed the debt onto Wescot and refer to my arrangement through payplan - self managing now and withholding payment until i get an enforceable CCA.

23/03/2020 - Letter from Wescot dated 11/03/2020 again sent to me muvvas - saying that they have been passed the debt from Sainsburys and refer to my arrangement through payplan.

20/05/2020 - Letter from Wescot dated 5/5/2020 saying that they are looking into my request and account is on hold for now.

30/03/2021 - Letter from Sainsburys - saying they have sold the debt to Cabot but will continue to be managed by Wescot - I see this as a good thing that Cabot have purchased the debt and still no sign of the CCA. Filed
    Update 30/03/2021

Leave a comment:

• Moonmonkey
    replied

What should I do?

So are all lenders paying this compensation - and is it based on interest and charges for the period? if thats the case then barclays charged me over £800 in interest and charges after I entered into my DMP and defaulted

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied

Nope
    So the debt remains unenforceable unless or until they do send it

Di

Leave a comment:

• Moonmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
    [/B][/COLOR]

They may feel the "need to make a repayment plan" but you don't if you don't want to, especially since they've produced an unenforceable credit agreement with the wrong address on it

You told Link that on the phone and they said they would send you the original agreement last October. Did they do that?

Di
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Barclaycard / Link

Agreement Start Date: 31/05/2005
    Feb 20 Balance: £1118.70
    Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £99.61
    CCA signed for: 02/03/2020

September 2020 - picked the phone up to Link - advised that the CCA was outstanding and that why i wont be paying.......

3 days later CCA in the post - address was wrong - they just added last know address.

Niddy says unenforceable

Weekly phonecalls that I am ignoring - i'm a little twitchy about this one though

23/10/2020 - like a plum i picked up the phone to Link (thought it was Oak Furniture Land) - wanting me to set up a payment arrangement. Said that the CCA I received was invalid and i wouldn't be paying. They said they would get the original agreement in the post. Feel i'm making the situation worse

05/11/2020 - statement received from link - obviously still trying to rustle up the CCA

17/11/2020 - already a couple of calls this week, an automated Vmail and a text from Link (all ignored) - Not gonna lie this one is stressing me out.

11/01/2021 - letter received last week from Link - we have been unable to contact you etc and need to make a repayment plan

They may feel the "need to make a repayment plan" but you don't if you don't want to, especially since they've produced an unenforceable credit agreement with the wrong address on it

You told Link that on the phone and they said they would send you the original agreement last October. Did they do that?

Di

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Doing a good job reminding you, you haven't paid them,
    Carry on with the good work, wasting their time and money, by ignoring them.

NW

Leave a comment:

Working...
X