GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My DMP diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My DMP diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by d_mcl85 View Post
    Hi
    I have now updated all the accounts in my diary
    I sent a SWID letter to Intrum on 1st July and they signed for it on 5th July.
    I have the proof of posting for the CCA request made to Halifax last year but I dont have a signature from when it was signed for. Lesson learnt to print the signature off next time.
    I am moving out of my current home next Tuesday (13th July) so if I don't receive a response to the SWID letter should I send a new CCA request with my new address on the letter once I have moved or should I send a CCA request once I have moved regardless of whether I receive a response to the SWID letter?
    Thanks
    Debbie
    You have proof of Postage (with recorded tracking ID).
    You have advised Intrum of this with the SWID and that should be your only contact with Intrum at this time!
    Make certain you save the evidence of posting and receipt to Intrum!

You will have an issue with your change of address irrespective of Intrum.
    So I suspect you will need, in any event, to ensure that postage is redirected!
    The point is to evidence reasonable care in the redirection of your Post and if this means extending your instructions to the Post Office so be it!

Personally I wouldn't have any contact with Intrum after the SWID. I would not tell them of change of addresses etc.. For the moment watch and wait!

Leave a comment:

• d_mcl85
    replied
    Hi
    I have now updated all the accounts in my diary

I sent a SWID letter to Intrum on 1st July and they signed for it on 5th July.

I have the proof of posting for the CCA request made to Halifax last year but I dont have a signature from when it was signed for. Lesson learnt to print the signature off next time.

I am moving out of my current home next Tuesday (13th July) so if I don't receive a response to the SWID letter should I send a new CCA request with my new address on the letter once I have moved or should I send a CCA request once I have moved regardless of whether I receive a response to the SWID letter?

Thanks

Debbie

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    signed for IF signatures are being afforded which many were not recently, recorded delivery is more certain but depends on local post office.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    CCA Request if sending keep copy, use postal order £1.00 and proof of podsing keep copy on file
    If possible I would use signed for delivery and then as soon as there is a proof of delivery on the post office website print it off and file it. I know proof of posting should be enough but Judges are funny creatures and I believe in removing as much wiggle room as possible. Also the post office website only keeps the PODs available for a certain length of time (a year I think) and someone on here has been having trouble getting what they need.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    CCA Request if sending keep copy, use postal order £1.00 and proof of podsing keep copy on file

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    HALIFAX
    • Type of account - Personal loan
    • Date commenced - 2010
    • Approx balance - £7,317.22
    • Date last 'full' payment - May 2013
    • Date of last payment - Feb 2020
    • Arrangement - DMP
    • Status - no longer showing on credit report
    • Account owner - Halifax
    • Payments being collected by Moorcroft Debt Recovery
    10.02.20 CCA request sent to Halifax
    11.02.20 CCA request signed for
    07.04.20 Statement of account received
    02.06.2020 letter received from Moorcroft asking me to contact them as they have been advised that I am no longer receiving assistance from an appointed representative.
    This is the account I worry about the most because I have had absolutely no response to the CCA request I sent but I wasnt sure whether sending it to the address I did for Halifax was incorrect and whether I should have sent it to a different address for Bank of Scotland as that is what is written on annual statements and the letter from Moorcroft. Part of me wonders if they are just playing the same waiting game as me and will follow through with further action if I keep ignoring them and then turn around and say I didnt send the CCA request to the correct address so they werent obliged to respond.

Hello

I think this is the debt you are now discussing which you say was assigned to Intrum in December 2020 (can you update new information on your Diary post each time it happens to make it easier to suggest your next step).

Assuming this is the correct debt, I can see that you got no response from the Halifax to your CCA Request sent in June 2020 (over a year ago) which would make the debt unenforceable hence the SWID template letter.

However, you also think you may have sent the CCA request to a wrong address. It looks like you may not have any Proof of Posting for your CCA Request either.

If Intrum are threatening to instruct solicitors then consider whether sending a new CCA Request to Intrum may be sensible before things get out of hand?

Either they can get it or they can't, but at least you'll know where you stand especially since you say you are moving home shortly and they won't have your new address

What you want to avoid is a claim being issued/served on your old address which you don't receive so you get a Default Judgment (CCJ) and have to attempt to get that set-aside without definitive proof of how you could defend it once set-aside since you lack evidence of your CCA Request.

It's your call, but at the moment I think sending a CCA Request to Intrum from your new/current address might be a good idea.

Di

Leave a comment:

• d_mcl85
    replied
    Thank you, I've joined AAD+
    I'll use the template on here.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    site admin is Niddy. just so you know

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Account Sold whilst in Dispute

suggest you join AAD+ click on header at start of thread

Leave a comment:

• d_mcl85
    replied
    I cant access the templates on here. When I try I get the following message
    "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator."

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    A SWID letter will not reset SB as long as you have used our template,
    As for checking your Credit file, who knows the way their mind is working when they receive it.
    NW

Leave a comment:

• d_mcl85
    replied
    Hi, I have a sold whilst in dispute letter ready to send to Intrum (found a template online)

I do have a mobile phone contract but this debt is not being reported to CRA's, a default was recorded in 2013/2014 so the account dropped off my credit records 2019/2020 so I'm not sure if they will check my credit record for a change of address if they proceed with legal action?
    I take it sending a sold whilst in dispute letter would not reset the statue barred clock? Is that right?

Thanks as always, this website has been an absolute life saver these last 18 months.

Debbie

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Sorry to be a pain but what is an MOB contract? So am I best telling them I've moved so I don't end up with a CCJ in by default if I am unable to contest anything they send.
    My apologies!
    MOB is Mobile Phone the suppliers report to Credit Reporting Agencies .
    We know that information is available with the CRA's between Creditors. Intrum are obviously reporting the Halifax Debt with the Agencies!

NO don't write and tell Intrum anything other than sending the SWID Letter.
    If you write and say I have moved to my new address thats as good as admitting the Debt and restarting the Statue Bar Clock!!!!!
    You are taking control of this Debt Silence and no contact BUT obviously the Wise Owl Watches!! This is what you must do!
    BUT the AAD approach after SWID is Silence!! So sit on your hands!

Make notes (for your benefit and read AAD Diaries etc..) and watch, wait and see what Intrum does next!

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Mobile Phone !! These contract companies report to Credit Report!!

Leave a comment:

• d_mcl85
    replied
    Sorry to be a pain but what is an MOB contract? So am I best telling them I've moved so I don't end up with a CCJ in by default if I am unable to contest anything they send.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X